Explorer H Suites

Just to add. The F suite on Explorer is both good and bad. Good bathroom and closet and plenty drawer space, but the bed is unusually short and the furniture consists of a small narrow settee and a desk chair. It badly needs an armchair and not the chair they supply on request which is not much different from the desk chair.

Eilana agree with you re the shorter bed length. We were in a D concierge cabin and my husband who is 6ft 3" found his feet hanging all over the end of the bed. No problem for me at 5ft nothing . :D Jean.

I agree with needing a comfortable place to sit in the f or E cabins on the Explorer. The settee pretending to be a small sofa is inadequate for any lengthy sitting such as reading a book.

Sofa in our G2 was six feet long. I know as I slept on it. :cool:

Marc

P.

I agree with needing a comfortable place to sit in the f or E cabins on the Explorer. The settee pretending to be a small sofa is inadequate for any lengthy sitting such as reading a book.

Do you find the seating in the "regular" suites on the other ships to be comfortable for reading? Personally, the only suite that has a place where I am comfortable reading is the PH suite on the Mariner. Even the big arm chair in the Grand Suite on Explorer isn't comfortable enough to sit for more than a minute.

Right now I'm looking at a concierge suite on Regent's website and see the type of chair that is in the "F" suites on Explorer and a sofa (not sure how large) but there is no other chair that I can see in the photo (I know there was a stool or something prior to refurbishment). Just switched to a "F" category suite on the Navigator and saw the same thing (which makes sense since the suites are so similar in these categories. I can see the sofa more better since you can do a virtual tour of the Navigator and I did not see that for the Voyager. While the sofa looks a bit more comfortable than on Explorer, I don't see myself being comfortable reading on the sofa. My point here is that Explorer's set-up is no worse (or better) than on the other ships - unless I am missing something

P.S. If you look at the concierge suite on Mariner, you can see the "way it was". This likely will be changed during refurbishment.

Photo of Navigator concierge suite6e0f91822769f06ec30bce42f092c757.jpg

Mariner regular suite before refurbishment (i.e. now)

176572317851053dee4f64e794d6d9d0.jpg

Sincere thanks to Zqueeze1 for his help in doing this. The photos aren't great since the photos are from my computer. Hopefully I won't have to bug anyone to help me with photos when I post photos of the Mariner "live" later this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't the size of the sofa on Explorer I think it is the upholstery but am not sure. It is very firm and after 15 minutes I am squirming ( unless I have a drink to hold onto).:D

Agree - the upholstery on the Explorer "sofas" are cheap looking and not very comfortable. Never tried it with a drink;p

Photo of Navigator concierge suite6e0f91822769f06ec30bce42f092c757.jpg

Mariner regular suite before refurbishment (i.e. now)

176572317851053dee4f64e794d6d9d0.jpg

Sincere thanks to Zqueeze1 for his help in doing this. The photos aren't great since the photos are from my computer. Hopefully I won't have to bug anyone to help me with photos when I post photos of the Mariner "live" later this month.

No problem. Good to see that you finally got the tapatalk monkey off your back.

Z and TB

• 2 weeks later...

It is interesting to see all the negative comments on Explorer suites. in several categories. If you recall, Regent's pre-build publicity on this ship touted all suites at 500 sq, ft. I guess that didn't pass muster with the bean counters.

It is interesting to see all the negative comments on Explorer suites. in several categories. If you recall, Regent's pre-build publicity on this ship touted all suites at 500 sq, ft. I guess that didn't pass muster with the bean counters.

As mentioned, with the exception of the "H" suites, we have toured all categories of suites on the Explorer and have stayed in the Master, Grand, Concierge and "F" category suites. We love the "F" and concierge suites as well as the Master suite. We like the Grand suite - except for the living room that is a bit small. The bathroom in the Grand Suite is to die for! When we viewed the Seven Seas Suites (some of which are now Grand suites), we thought they were the best suites for the price.

This leaves the PH, "G" and "H" suites. The "G" was much too small for our tastes and, in our opinion, should be suites for single travelers. The PH suites are just strange with very small closets but a nice bathroom (not as nice as the "F" or concierge suites). For people that like bathtubs, there is no bathtub in the PH suites. No one has stayed in or viewed the "H" suites that has reported back on CC.

I think that many of us have scrutinized the Explorer over the past year. There are suites on other Regent ships that have issues that we no longer talk about (although I do discuss the size of the Mariner lower category ships compared to the much better suites on Voyager and Navigator. The worst upper level suite that we have stayed in is the Grand Suite on the Voyager ....... simply because the bathroom is tiny. They put the huge bathtub by the windows off of the living room which is nice but it took all of the space away from the master bathroom. I mention this because it is not only Explorer that has issues that some people do not care for (and there are some people that like the suites that we don't care for). IMO, there is no "perfect suite". One person's favorite suite may be disliked by other people.

1- Clarification for TC - The change in Explorer suite names is as follows:

Seven Seas I - now Seven Seas Suite

Seven Seas II - now Explorer Suite

Explorer - now part of Grand Suite.

I, too, was confused at the time the changes were made. We had booked a SS II suite and were advised we were now in the Explorer Suite. Same cabin. We received a few more comps in that category. BTW - we were delighted.

2- Choosing a cabin on Regent is a matter of taste and pocketbook and the number of cruises you take each year. We do not have an unlimited pocketbook and have begun to do 2-3 cruises per year on Regent, so this is our rule:

7-10 day port intensive cruise-

F on Explorer,

PHC on Mariner

Mid ship D or C on Voyager

Forward with balcony on Navigator

10 - 35 day cruise with several sea days-

Upgrade to

PHC or SS suite on Explorer

PHC on Mariner

PHB on Voyager

PHB or Navigator Suite on Navigator

Let's hope we are all well and healthy enough to do all our booked cruises. Remember, this is just my humble opinion.

Regards to all

Sheila and Herb

1- Clarification for TC - The change in Explorer suite names is as follows:

Seven Seas I - now Seven Seas Suite

Seven Seas II - now Explorer Suite

Explorer - now part of Grand Suite.

I, too, was confused at the time the changes were made. We had booked a SS II suite and were advised we were now in the Explorer Suite. Same cabin. We received a few more comps in that category. BTW - we were delighted.

2- Choosing a cabin on Regent is a matter of taste and pocketbook and the number of cruises you take each year. We do not have an unlimited pocketbook and have begun to do 2-3 cruises per year on Regent, so this is our rule:

7-10 day port intensive cruise-

F on Explorer,

PHC on Mariner

Mid ship D or C on Voyager

Forward with balcony on Navigator

10 - 35 day cruise with several sea days-

Upgrade to

PHC or SS suite on Explorer

PHC on Mariner

PHB on Voyager

PHB or Navigator Suite on Navigator

Let's hope we are all well and healthy enough to do all our booked cruises. Remember, this is just my humble opinion.

Regards to all

Sheila and Herb

Thanks for your analysis, Sheila. Very interesting. If I may be permitted a correction: the former Seven Seas 1 suites are now Explorer Suites and the former Seven Seas 2 suites are now Seven Seas Suites.

Thanks for your analysis, Sheila. Very interesting. If I may be permitted a correction: the former Seven Seas 1 suites are now Explorer Suites and the former Seven Seas 2 suites are now Seven Seas Suites.

Hi Dave

You are absolutely correct!!! We booked the SS I and now are in Explorer Suite on the November 2017 transatlantic. I was sitting at the pool writing this comment and the sun must have scrambled my mind--:')

Thanks to Bellaggio Cruisers and DaveFR for their input. Now the hard question. How do you determine which Seven Seas suites have 1 1/2 bathrooms vs. 1 bathroom (I know that there are only a few with one bath but don't know which ones).

Thanks again.

Thanks to Bellaggio Cruisers and DaveFR for their input. Now the hard question. How do you determine which Seven Seas suites have 1 1/2 bathrooms vs. 1 bathroom (I know that there are only a few with one bath but don't know which ones).

Thanks again.

Not a problem, Jackie. Of the eight Seven Seas Suites, the four forward ones (701, 702, 801, and 802) are the suites with only one bathroom. If you look at the virtual tour, one of those four suites is depicted in the tour. Personally, the only Seven Seas Suites I would choose are 922 and 923.

Hope this helps.

Not a problem, Jackie. Of the eight Seven Seas Suites, the four forward ones (701, 702, 801, and 802) are the suites with only one bathroom. If you look at the virtual tour, one of those four suites is depicted in the tour. Personally, the only Seven Seas Suites I would choose are 922 and 923.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Dave - I updated those 4 suites on the SuiteGuru spreadsheet.