What about Couples Cruises

Canuck-Cruisers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
There seems to be a speacialty cruise for everyone except for "open couples". I have no desire to pay inflated prices to sail on one of the chartered "swinger" ships but it would be nice to find a man, woman or couple interested in the same thing on a regular cruise.

Then it wouldn't be called a "regular" cruise.

There seems to be a speacialty cruise for everyone except for "open couples". I have no desire to pay inflated prices to sail on one of the chartered "swinger" ships but it would be nice to find a man, woman or couple interested in the same thing on a regular cruise.

Your question is confusing. There ARE specialty cruises for "open couples" but those are the ones you've already found and feel the price is more than you're interested in paying. Most full-ship charters that provide specialized services, parties, and entertainment for the guests are priced higher than a regular cruise. Some people are willing to pay that extra money in order to enjoy a unique atmosphere and different opportunities which would not be available on a regular cruise or even a group cruise that's only a partially booked ship.

As far as finding other similarly inclined people on a regular cruise, you could try that, and I'm sure it happens all the time. But you're going to have to put a lot more effort into it, and you may or may not be successful. You could even run the risk of offending people. You can't tell by looking at someone if they're into it or not. On a lifestyle cruise, you know that pretty much everyone on the ship is into it, or at least open-minded about it.

It's the same as clubs on land. It costs more to go to a lifestyle club than a regular nightclub, but for those who choose to attend, it's worth it for them to be able to socialize with like-minded people, and find others looking for the same activities. You can "try your luck" with a regular club, but most likely the singles there are looking to hook up with other singles, not couples, and the other couples might or might not be interested but it might be awkward trying to find out!

• 2 weeks later...
Its probably the same reason "Hedonism" only allows couples.

I didn't know Hedo only allows couples.:confused:

Maybe it changed because I was there several years ago and I went as a single and shared a room with another single woman. There were single people there.

I know now that they have Hedo I, Hedo II and Hedo III ( I don't know how much more wilder those other extentions can be, unless now they've included human sacrifices.):p

That's scary because having gone there to Hedo I, I thought I'd seen everything that can be done under the sun and moon.:eek:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I see I'm a little late on this topic but signed up to try to find info on a said topic. We're going on a cruise 4-8-12 splendor is there any forums or groups to search for people in the lifestyle ?

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CatNC - wasn't there a group on here for this topic? It seems to have poofed...

Nursinggal - sent you a FR then DUH realized same date and ship started with the same letter but wasn't the same one - you can ignore me if you want!

Edited by willow028

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Checked that link to the social group but not much going on there either. If ever a place pops up to meet others please share.

ditto...there has to be other LS cruisers who wanna chat, right? i saw someone posted on sls that they had a facebook group that was "private" but i'm not that brave :eek: we don't need our little secret shared with the world!

i just emailed laura asking if we can have a group forum in the friends of cruise critic so that we can chat / post replies to questions and make new friends. i hope that its approved and is as successful as i'm imagining it to be :D. who would be interested in joining?

We would...