Motorcycle Cruise out of Miami on the Eclipse???

Buffettphan1

So me and my DW are thinking of booking the April 2017 cruise out of Miami. It is a 14 nighter and we really love the idea of taking our bikes.

Has anyone done this on yet???

Some questions..are the lunch's while out riding included with the price?

we are traveling from NH with truck and trailer, is there parking in Miami for this?

When you return to the ship for dinner, does the group sit together?

I will have a ton of questions I am sure, so any info will be helpful. Also, basically, is it a good time and worth the money?

Thank you

Carl

So me and my DW are thinking of booking the April 2017 cruise out of Miami. It is a 14 nighter and we really love the idea of taking our bikes.

Has anyone done this on yet??? Yes!!! Out of Bayonne, NJ.

Some questions..are the lunch's while out riding included with the price? No. There is a group meeting the night you board. The trip is discussed. As far as lunches when you are riding, you have two options. Pay upfront, set price. Buffet lunch. DELICIOUS!!!! Or, pay the establishment when you get there. Everyone one our cruise paid upfront.

we are traveling from NH with truck and trailer, is there parking in Miami for this? This I can't help you with. Google Miami cruise port parking. Lots of info there.

When you return to the ship for dinner, does the group sit together? Yes. We had the late dining. We had at least 6 tables, all in the same area. Dining arrangements taken care of by ETA.

I will have a ton of questions I am sure, so any info will be helpful. Also, basically, is it a good time and worth the money? Great time!!! Worth the money???? My husband and I love riding and cruising, so yes, it was worth the money!

Thank you

Carl

I did a fairly complete review on the HD forums. Here is a link if you are interested.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/872846-yes-we-took-our-harley-on-a-cruise-ship.html

ETA: On St Thomas and Puerto Rico we didn't have the option for meal tickets. Where we stopped for lunch, there were stands to purchase food.

Edited by sharod

I understand worrying about the safety of your truck/trailer. Maybe call Tami at ETA and she what what she has to say. I don't think I would have a problem with parking at the port. The website does say all parking facilities are patrolled by security :cool: On Google Maps, this may be where they would park you https://www.google.com/maps/place/PortMiami,+Miami,+FL+33132/@25.7758632,-80.1722376,202m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88d9b43c1f91e06b:0x46d17e0617abe2f5?hl=en . But being with ETA, they may have a certain area reserved for the group. But that is just a guess.

And sorry, no more Royal cruises with ETA. Bummer.

All booked!!! Can't wait. It will be a long 27 months!!!!

Woo hoo!!! Jealous!!!!!! Would love to go again, and may sometime. But my husband has never been out west and that will be our next big trip.

Even though Bermuda is small, and only 1 main road the runs the length, it was a great ride. VERY clean, roads in great condition, and the locals LOVE the big bikes. You seriously feel like you are in a parade. It seems like the whole island comes out to see you.

And no, no more RCCL for ETA. Now it is MSC and Celebrity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know that if you are taking the cruise from NJ and staying the pre night at Marriott Newark Airport, they have a deal with ETA for rates. Check either with Tami at ETA or call the hotel. Of course you can always park at the port which is safe as well. They had a place offsite to park that alot of cruisers use but I dont know the name of it. Sorry. The bike cruises are awesome! You'll love he ETA Staff!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone done this on yet???

Some questions..are the lunch's while out riding included with the price?

we are traveling from NH with truck and trailer, is there parking in Miami for this?

When you return to the ship for dinner, does the group sit together?

I will have a ton of questions I am sure, so any info will be helpful. Also, basically, is it a good time and worth the money?

Thank you

Carl

Hi - its been awhile I checked in on this forum and just saw this post. I see you have gotten answers and glad to see that you booked. I thought I would share as well.

We have done two ETA cruises and are cruising our third in April 2017 for the 14 day out of Miami as well. If you book the host hotel - ETA offers a group rate and you can park vehicle and trailer there. As always nothing is foul play proof but for the most part they always book very nice hotels and since they a repeaters at these hotels ETA guests are well taken care of.

We love cruising and riding so combining the both has become our new favorite thing!! It is a bit more expensive but so worth it. You pay for lunches separate because it is not a mandatory thing but I highly suggest it because ETA arranges the food for us.

We all sit together for dinner - it's so much fun. We met some pretty great people on the first cruise and had a blast. They are now very close dear friends and we talk and ride as often as we can. The second cruise we met some new friends as well.

If you have any questions at all ask away - anything at all!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi - its been awhile I checked in on this forum and just saw this post. I see you have gotten answers and glad to see that you booked. I thought I would share as well.

We have done two ETA cruises and are cruising our third in April 2017 for the 14 day out of Miami as well. If you book the host hotel - ETA offers a group rate and you can park vehicle and trailer there. As always nothing is foul play proof but for the most part they always book very nice hotels and since they a repeaters at these hotels ETA guests are well taken care of.

We love cruising and riding so combining the both has become our new favorite thing!! It is a bit more expensive but so worth it. You pay for lunches separate because it is not a mandatory thing but I highly suggest it because ETA arranges the food for us.

We all sit together for dinner - it's so much fun. We met some pretty great people on the first cruise and had a blast. They are now very close dear friends and we talk and ride as often as we can. The second cruise we met some new friends as well.

If you have any questions at all ask away - anything at all!!

Hi there!

We love to cruise and ride! Who would be keen to do something in New Zealand - fantastic roads and we'd be keen to show you! If we could organise the bikes and we picked a great cruise itinerary - we could put something together? We have good contacts and would be able to provide something very amazing! Shaun and Jennie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums