Hobby Airport ( or farther) Hotel with beautiful pool area!

Markmom18

Hi, The day we get off the Freedom in Galveston (Saturday morning) I want to just have a relaxing extra day before flying back to the West Coast ( Sunday morning). My Mom is having memory loss issues. That's why I want a leisurely day, instead of trying to make the flights.

So, this will be the 1st weekend of March, just a Saturday nights stay. My Mom lives near the Canadian border, so anything short of snow will be considered nice weather, as long as there is sun.

Beautiful pool, nice restaurant, closer to the Houston/Hobby Airport, a short taxi ride to & fro would be ideal. Any suggestions? Oh, Budget .... no more than $130 before taxes.

Thanks so much,

Bobbi

Clear Lake and Kemah are around the NASA complex. For really a really nice area, look up hotels at or near the Kemah Boardwalk.

Hobby isn't in the best area of town and hotels nearby tend to be the typical airport chain hotels.

Hobby itself is not in the best area for hotels and touristy stuff. Agree with Clear Lake and Kemah. Another option is to stay in Galveston. Galveston to Hobby is a 45 minute to an hour drive usually. Going to Clear Lake or Kemah is only reducing that drive by 15 - 20 minutes.

For what it's worth, I recently stayed at the Doubletree right next to Hobby airport. It wasn't a bad hotel and it seems to hit a lot of your criteria, including price. If this is an option, try to get a cabana room right next to the pool.

For what it's worth, I recently stayed at the Doubletree right next to Hobby airport. It wasn't a bad hotel and it seems to hit a lot of your criteria, including price. If this is an option, try to get a cabana room right next to the pool.

Don't step foot outside that hotel in the evening hours after dark unless you are in a cab or headed to a car. Don't leave anything visible in the car.

To the OP, I'd look in Webster or the newer hotels in the Texas City area. Those around Hobby are not as safe and nothing is within walking distance. Those on Galveston Island or closer to the Kemah Boardwalk are nice also, but more expensive than your budget. Google 77598 for the zip code to start with. The Baybrook Mall area has seen an explosion of growth and new restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
Clear Lake and Kemah are around the NASA complex. For really a really nice area, look up hotels at or near the Kemah Boardwalk.

Hobby isn't in the best area of town and hotels nearby tend to be the typical airport chain hotels.

I love the Kemah Boardwalk Inn .It is unlike any place you can possibly imagine.

• 1 month later...
Hi, The day we get off the Freedom in Galveston (Saturday morning) I want to just have a relaxing extra day before flying back to the West Coast ( Sunday morning). My Mom is having memory loss issues. That's why I want a leisurely day, instead of trying to make the flights.

So, this will be the 1st weekend of March, just a Saturday nights stay. My Mom lives near the Canadian border, so anything short of snow will be considered nice weather, as long as there is sun.

Beautiful pool, nice restaurant, closer to the Houston/Hobby Airport, a short taxi ride to & fro would be ideal. Any suggestions? Oh, Budget .... no more than $130 before taxes.

Thanks so much,

Bobbi

It's a little pricey but the Hotel Galvez in Galveston has a beautiful pool and is on the seawall facing the Gulf of Mexico.

It's approximately a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from there to Hobby.

Kemah or Clear Lake are good options also.

Ditto on the area near Hobby not being good areas, especially at night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Kweenie457, the answer to your question about the distance to Hobby Airport will vary according to where in Canada her Mother lives. Suffice to say it will be a long trip no matter where.

Texas tax agents collect state sales taxes based on the value of each bottle of foreign purchased liquor importedinto the state.