Hotels near LAX

lovebears

Personally, unless you think you're going to be plum tired, I would vote for getting to San Pedro (at that time of night there shouldn't be too much traffic). You can tell the front desk you want to be on the list for the shuttle to the port the next day. Then sleep in.

Otherwise, you'll be dealing with a lot of traffic the next morning (and if you're plum tired, that won't be too pleasant).

The good thing about getting into LAX that late is that there should be no traffic at all to get to San Pedro!! I agree that you should just go there and sleep in the next morning.

i might try to get a flight that arrives just a touch earlier but if that is not possible then just get to the cruise port and relax.

I'll take the 'contrarian' position here - if I were arriving at midnight after a long flight, I'd want to get to a nice warm bed as soon as possible and get a good night's sleep. Take an airport/hotel shuttle to any of the dozen or so very close hotels (pick your favorite chain) and go straight to bed. Double-check the hotel's website or call their local number to make sure their shuttles run 24 hours a day, but most do at the airport locations. Get up around 9-10, have a quick breakfast, then get a shuttle or Uber and go straight to the ship, straight onboard.

The decision depends on how you usually feel after a long flight and whether you're a 'night owl' or think you'll be ready for bed at midnight.

Wow, this is like watching a tennis match..... "stay at the airport", "drive down to San Pedro", "no stay at the airport", "no, the....."

My two cents is since you are arriving at 2AM internal clock time I'd stay at the airport (Marriott, Four Points, Westin or Renaissance).

Since you are on a different internal clock you will wake up early in LA and have plenty of time to Uber or Lyft to the port. Regardless of what happens on the freeway, San Pedro will not be hard to get to.

If you do take the shuttle to a hotel in the San Pedro area, then you have the hassle of a short cab/Uber ride the next day.

I would stay at one of the hotels I mentioned above (NOT the Sheraton or Hilton) and Uber straight to the ship the next day.

• 3 weeks later...