Sunday Brunch/ SF to NY

Mjflowers

You are on the Mariner - the grand buffets (my name for them) are only on Explorer since they are set up to accommodate a buffet that takes up about 1/3 of Compass Rose. Of course, there will still be Champagne and caviar on the Mariner as they is on all of the ships.

In terms of dinner with the Captain -- very unlikely but possible. Even with 365 days on Regent we rarely dine with the Captain (except one that we have a friendly relationship with). Some Captain's still host guests at large tables -- too large to talk to the Captain unless you are practically next to him. The trend seems to be much smaller tables which means fewer guests.

What makes the buffet on the Explorer special? Is it on Sunday too?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is on Sunday if it is a sea day. It takes 3 days to prepare everything for the brunch. Most of the tables in the center of CR (front section but not the sides) are removed and a lavish buffet is set up. It is difficult to describe as I have not seen anything like this on Regent before. Mountains of crab, shrimp, platters of sushi and sashimi, a juice station, a crepe station, an egg station and even a make your own Caesar salad area. There is an area where they are slicing prosciutto and cheese. Really too much to describe (of course there are hot dishes as well). Champagne/mimosas are served and you can probably get a drink if you wish to have one.

We have been on Explorer for four cruises and only have had the experience on two of them. I assume that if there were two sea days that were on Sunday, the buffet would once be put on once.

Thanks. We are on the crossing from Lisbon to Miami in November-December. There is a sea day Sunday. Hopefully we can experience this brunch. Sounds fantastic!

Thanks. We are on the crossing from Lisbon to Miami in November-December. There is a sea day Sunday. Hopefully we can experience this brunch. Sounds fantastic!

We did the crossing last November and they did have the brunch. Enjoy!

Diana and John, I am hoping for the Sunday Brunch on our November crossing, too. Crystal puts on an amazing Gala buffet. The offerings sound similar.

Has anyone posts photos of the Explorer brunch?

Hi Diana

We loved it on the November crossing on Explorer. Let's enjoy it together this year! I don't know how to post my photos. I will send them in an email to you.

Love to John. Can't wait to see you both again. Looking so forward to November

Sheila

Diana and John, I am hoping for the Sunday Brunch on our November crossing, too. Crystal puts on an amazing Gala buffet. The offerings sound similar.

Has anyone posts photos of the Explorer brunch?

Yes and they have an amazing lobster tail tower. Regent I think is about equal from our experience.

We're on the same cruise and the bunch is something we're looking forward too.

Rick

Yes and they have an amazing lobster tail tower. Regent I think is about equal from our experience.

We did not see a "lobster tail tower". Perhaps you are confusing Regent with Crystal or they may have had it on your cruise but not my cruises. They did have lobster on the christening cruise but we didn't see it on our two crossings. IMO this is not a big deal since you can get lobster every night in CR.

We enjoyed the buffet in May. I think we arrived about 1000am, just had coffee and orange in cabin prior.

We waited about 5 mins to be seated at a window table for 2.

Staff were very prompt clearing tables ready for the next guests. People seemed happy enough to share which helped. Enjoyed it, and it is certainly a feast for the eyes. I am sure I didn't see the half of it. My husband managed to take some photos.

If the buffet takes up 1/3 of CR' date=' is there an issue with seating?[/quote']

We also arrived on the early side since we were really hungry. For the brunch, it really didn't matter where we sat since, IMO, the buffet and people \were the only things we interested in watching so, we were seated immediately. People don't tend to take as long at a buffet so people were coming and going all of the time. There could have been a line at one point but I was having too much fun to notice.

I found that this buffet was likely more healthy than our normal meals. After all, when I can have unlimited sashimi, prosciutto, cheese, shrimp, crab, etc., I don't want to fill up on breads or starchy items. Need to stop thinking about this as I get so hungry:evilsmile: