Do you take on a cruise a carry-on luggage/bag? If so what do you pack in it?

Ziggy7

Usually, we bring on everything in a small suitcase.

The few times we've checked luggage we carry on everything we literally can't live without (ID, meds, electronics), a few cans of soda and several changes of clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We carry on CPAPs, meds (a darn boatload), electronics, camera (yep, I use a real camera!), a bottle of wine, and a change of clothes. I have a backpack that I use for everything except my CPAP, and that has a shoulder bag. Thankful for the platinum perk of early cabin availability.

I always just travel with a carry-on roller bag suitcase. We fly to most ports, so don't want to check luggage.

I will pack shoes, socks, shirts, shorts, extra underwear, medications, swimsuit, toothpaste and toiletries, some candy, extra cash, cruise documents, a magazine, a small meatloaf, sun block, maybe a bottle of wine, sunglasses and my credit card.

Now, that is for the Carribean. Europe is a different story, as is Alaska.

I always just travel with a carry-on roller bag suitcase. We fly to most ports, so don't want to check luggage.

I will pack shoes, socks, shirts, shorts, extra underwear, medications, swimsuit, toothpaste and toiletries, some candy, extra cash, cruise documents, a magazine, a small meatloaf, sun block, maybe a bottle of wine, sunglasses and my credit card.

Meatloaf?

In case I get hungry before I can get to Lido deck. Besides, I have never seen Meatloaf on the menu.

But have you ever seen Meatloaf in the main lounge? Now that's a cruise I'd like to take!

I Always have a carryon bag in addition to my checked bag. It's got everything in it that I need, in the event the checked bag is delayed or lost. Passport. Documents. Meds (both prescribed and OTC). Electronics, camera, chargers. Jewellery. One complete change of clothes. Wine, of course.

With the exception of the clothes, I would NEVER put any of these things in a piece of checked luggage.

You should HAND CARRY ANYTHING of value...your jewelry, money, medicines ( if any), electronics, etc.....never, ever hand over luggage with something you MUST have. EVER!

Lock your checked bags, too! I know it won't stop someone determined, but an open, unlocked bag is an invitation.

If you're flying, cross-pack...something for everyone in each bag!

Do you take on a cruise a carry-on luggage/bag? If so what do you pack in it? Trying to decide if I should take one on and if I really will need it??? Thanks in advance! :)

Swimsuit, change of clothes, medicine, ipad/charger, cell phone charger, camera

When I read your post, my first thought was that you added the word meatloaf to see if people were paying attention:D

Thanks Everyone!

Lock your checked bags, too! I know it won't stop someone determined, but an open, unlocked bag is an invitation.

If you're flying, cross-pack...something for everyone in each bag!

Good idea, never thought to cross pack!

Just a small messenger bag with items I don't dare check. This includes any ongoing travel documents, medications, jewelry and perhaps a small camera should my luggage not arrive by sail away. If the loss of something is going to disrupt my trip it stays with me until it get locked in the room safe.

We always have two carry-ons. My husband has his CPAP unit, and I have the bag that we will use as our beach bag, with wine, travel documents, and any medications and toiletries that we don't want to be without.

I always wear my swimsuit under my clothes so I don't have to lug that around.

I am guessing that after 16 cruises without one, why start now? I use a large purse for the paperwork, meds, phone, money, jewelry, etc...and it never leaves my person. If you don't need a carry-on, why lug one around?

BTW.....the meatloaf comment had me in stitches. :cool:

For my Caribbean or Bermuda cruises, I bring one 21" carry on bag. It has all my clothes, snorkel, etc in it. I also use a shoulder bag for travel docs, meds, hygiene stuff, binoculars, and kindle.

I pack it the night before my flight that jets me to the port the morning of the cruise.

As another poster said, Alaskan and Med cruises are different.