p@o cashback Sale $$$

Am I the only 1 who finds it amusing when they say cashback-but fail to mention that GO fare is excluded ?

p@o seems to spinning a long line to get people to pay for there own cash back..when a go fare is say $479 a value fare is $786-which gets you $250 cash back in store credit cards and the big whopper is $1016-which get drinks and wi-fi , cash back..whats the game -are they trying a form of charades-like a magician...? or am I too cynical...

No, yes and no.

You are not the only one.

Yes, they are spinning a line.

No you are not cynical.

They are counting on people not being able to do maths although they have some benefits that may not be monetary.

The difference in price between the levels do not add up as value until you look at the deposit amounts and the final payment dates. That is where it may suit some people to pay for the convenience of getting something (OBC or ice cream, etc) they will use for a low deposit and later final payment.

Am I the only 1 who finds it amusing when they say cashback-but fail to mention that GO fare is excluded ?

p@o seems to spinning a long line to get people to pay for there own cash back..when a go fare is say $479 a value fare is $786-which gets you $250 cash back in store credit cards and the big whopper is $1016-which get drinks and wi-fi , cash back..whats the game -are they trying a form of charades-like a magician...? or am I too cynical...

I have compared a few random P&O itineraries and cabin grades and there does not appear to be any savings to be made with the $250 cashback offer. It seems cheaper to buy the basic GO fare and add on pre purchase drinks and wi- fi if you need them. The $250 cash back is only per cabin and represents a saving of $125 per person in a twin share cabin. You could be waiting weeks if you can't claim your cashback until you return home. I will wait until the cashback sale ends and the prices will invariably come down again. (presumably by at least $125)