Questions about Safaga port(Egypt)? Ask an Egyptian - inspired by Zimbo

ahmedmummy

• 2 weeks later...

I read the road from Safaga to Luxor is open from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm for tourists.

Can private tours depart straight away when ready or do they go in a convoy at set time.

I was hoping to depart by 6.30 am on private tour on Upcoming cruise.

What time would private tours leave Luxor for the return trip to ship that departs at 10.00 pm in April.

I read the road from Safaga to Luxor is open from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm for tourists.

Can private tours depart straight away when ready or do they go in a convoy at set time.

I was hoping to depart by 6.30 am on private tour on Upcoming cruise.

What time would private tours leave Luxor for the return trip to ship that departs at 10.00 pm in April.

Hello

1-yes you can depart straight away after you finish you procedure at the port if you booked a private transfer (check with your agent that both tour and transfer are private) if you did not book yet you can choose from TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294205-Activities-Luxor_Nile_River_Valley.html

note : it will be cheaper if you contact an agent directly (check their reviews befor booking)

2- usually the private tours leave Luxor between 3 or 4pm the road takes around 3 hours drive

Hello

1-yes you can depart straight away after you finish you procedure at the port if you booked a private transfer (check with your agent that both tour and transfer are private) if you did not book yet you can choose from TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294205-Activities-Luxor_Nile_River_Valley.html

note : it will be cheaper if you contact an agent directly (check their reviews befor booking)

2- usually the private tours leave Luxor between 3 or 4pm the road takes around 3 hours drive

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
as i noticed there is a lack of information about Safaga port and activities and things to do from there i would like to help you as much as i can

thanks to Zimbo for inspiring me by his great thread

Is there a travel ban on Safaga port Ahmed.

I see P & O cancelled Safaga port of call.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Is there a travel ban on Safaga port Ahmed.

I see P & O cancelled Safaga port of call.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Hello

there is no official ban but this month the port suppose to have some military units or a fleet so i guess there will be no stops allowed at Safaga port Sharm El-shiekh

when will you arrive? and i can check the possibilities for you

sorry for late replay and i will double check these news for you after i finish my vacation :)

Hello

there is no official ban but this month the port suppose to have some military units or a fleet so i guess there will be no stops allowed at Safaga port Sharm El-shiekh

when will you arrive? and i can check the possibilities for you

sorry for late replay and i will double check these news for you after i finish my vacation :)

Thanks Ahmed,

We are on Ncl Star April 6.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Thanks Ahmed,

We are on Ncl Star April 6.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

As per current info you will be able to have you excursions the units will leave Safaga port in February. So i hope you enjoy your visit :)

• 2 months later...
Any hotels in Safaga do day passes for cruise passengers

actually you can get you visa just in port and you are free to get out of the port. but I advice you not to spend you precious time in a hotel you have two options Snorkeling in Safaga or Luxor day tour(recommended)

sorry for late replay :)

• 4 weeks later...