Dubai Airport Terminal 3 Shopping

CruznRagtop

I shall be in the Dubai Airport Terminal 3 for about an hour beginning at 1:00 a.m. on a Monday. Would appreciate any information about the possibility of any shops being open at that hour, especially one that stocks cameras.

The airport will be very busy at that time as many flights leave in the early morning hours. You should be able to filter the different shopping categories by terminal with this link....Note that both Dubai airports are listed but I am assuming you mean DXB (Emirates terminal 3)

http://www.dubaiairports.ae/while-youre-here/shopping/search#/outlets-search/shop//all//

Edited by lilybob
info

I shall be in the Dubai Airport Terminal 3 for about an hour beginning at 1:00 a.m. on a Monday. Would appreciate any information about the possibility of any shops being open at that hour, especially one that stocks cameras.

Man, you won't believe how busy it will be. All the shops are likely to be open. Be prepared as there is so much visual pollution.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The day the duty free shops at DXB close, is the day the airport burns down.

http://Www.dubai duty free. Com has a "buy on line" section that gives you a good idea about prices at DXB.

All the usual stuff. Some quite unique (and not cheap) Arabian perfumes and souvenirs in various degrees of tackiness.

Good entertainment to observe "ladies", clad head to toe in black brazenly stick stuff under their garments , because they know that none of the shop assistants will dare to challenge a local woman.

Can we get toiletries, sun screen and insect repellents in the terminal, (flying Emirates)? If so, does anyone know what the prices are like compared to UK?

We normally stock up with those in our UK airport but will likely come a cropper if we have to go through security in Dubai.

• 1 month later...
Can we get toiletries, sun screen and insect repellents in the terminal, (flying Emirates)? If so, does anyone know what the prices are like compared to UK?

We normally stock up with those in our UK airport but will likely come a cropper if we have to go through security in Dubai.

Be careful what you buy as you generally have to go through security again before boarding your next flight. Keep liquids to the stated amount, might be better to wait until your final destination. I have amused myself many times watching liquids being confiscated from unhappy passengers.

Have never had a problem buying liquids. In fact was just there last week and bought s few bottles of water at a regular store. Is this extra security just for US bound flights? Does duty free sealed bag not work?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by DipBrat

Have never had a problem buying liquids. In fact was just there last week and bought s few bottles of water at a regular store. Is this extra security just for US bound flights? Does duty free sealed bag not work?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In June coming back to Australia sealed bottles of water confiscated, even the small cup of water, still sealed that we had been given on the earlier flight. Makeshift screening area had been set up in the boarding lounge.

Also last month in Singapore same thing, bottle of sealed water taken, again on flight back to Australia. Both times we were in transit and had not left either airport between flights.

Alcohol in duty free bags was taken from passengers, I assume to be stored separately on aircraft.