Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi

CruiseIreland

Hi All,

Much is made of the Emirates Palace Hotel and it looks amazing but can anyone tell me how much afternoon tea is per person? Many thanks. Ken

Hello Ken. just copied this from the emirates palace website, hope it helps. Happy cruising. 160 aed currently gets about 40€. Happy cruising. :)

There is nothing more befitting than enjoying Afternoon High Tea at a Palace. Indulge your afternoon cravings with a selection of delicious sweets and savoury bites paired with the finest beverages.

Traditional Afternoon Tea

The Traditional Afternoon Tea is the ideal afternoon delight. With freshly baked scones, savoury tea sandwiches including roasted Angus beef with horseradish cream and House Smoked Salmon pin wheel on brown bread, sweet treats including strawberry vanilla tarts and vanilla crème brulée, and a choice of one cake, curb your afternoon hunger with this elegantly presented Afternoon Tea set.

Price: AED 160*

AED 230 with one glass of Laurent-Perrier Brut Champagne*

AED 260 with one glass of Laurent-Perrier Rose Champagne*

Each Afternoon Tea set is accompanied by your choice of our finest tea selection, our signature Emirates Palace Cappuccino, coffee or hot chocolate. Served from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm every day in both Caviar Bar and Le Café.

*All prices are per person and exclude 10% service charge, 6% tourism fee and 4% municipality fee.

I too wondered this so thank you. I'm guessing the Burj al Arab in Dubai is much more expensive??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Hami. there seems to be different selections at the burj al Arab for afternoon teas. I have pasted this below from their site for your perusal. prices range from 400 to 620 aed. 138 british pounds down to 89 british pounds. Hope this helps. Happy cruising. :)

BURJ AL ARAB AFTERNOON TEA

Sky Tea at Skyview Bar

Located on the top floor of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Skyview Bar instantly matches expectations with unrivalled views of the Palm Jumeirah and The World islands. Experience a magnificent afternoon tea and enjoy a selection of tea, coffee, sandwiches, pastries and cakes served with a choice of our delicious homemade jams and the mouth-watering Devonshire clotted cream.

Time: Saturday to Thursday, first seating 13:00; second seating 16:00

Price: AED 620 per person

From 10 June 2016 to 9 September 2016, Skyview Bar will be serving Afternoon Tea on Fridays

Ultimate Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar

A perfect meeting area befitting the splendour of Burj Al Arab, is located at the base of the world's tallest atrium. Warm and welcoming tones, mosaic, marble flooring and torch lighting provide the perfect backdrop for guests wishing to linger over traditional Afternoon Tea.

Time: Serving from 13:00 to 18:00

Price: AED 560 per person with champagne

AED 500 per person with unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

High Tea at Sahn Eddar

This is what comes to mind when people think of English tea ceremonies. Enjoy your surroundings as you indulge in three courses of culinary delights and delectable beverages. Serving from 19:00, along with cocktails, accompanied by delicate sandwiches, scones and pastries.

Time: Serving from 19:00 to 20:00

Price: AED 400 per person

I have done the afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab Skyroom and it is truly an experience! The Skyroom is at the top of the hotel and overlooks the harbor with fantastic views of the Atlantis island and the ones in the shape of countries (sorry, I don't remember what they are called). The service is impeccable and the finger sandwiches and sweets are heavenly.

While I did not have tea at Emirates Palace, I did see where it was served. It is served in the main hallway/lounge area of the hotel. It looks very nice, but does not have the views of the Burj Al Arab.

Charlotte

Do you have to book an afternoon tea or meal in Emirates Palace to be able to go inside the hotel?

There is no need to book afternoon tea/meal to go inside the Emirates Palace Hotel. I had afternoon tea there and it was a most enjoyable experience. Booking direct is far cheaper than going with the ship's organised excursion and it is far nicer than being hoarded around with a coach load of people. The hotel is awesome.

Why not consider getting a taxi driver to take you to the mosque (a real MUST SEE in Abu Dhabi). If you agree a price he would willingly wait and you could then go on to the Emirates Palace for tea. The hotel will then get you a taxi back to the ship.

I am lucky to have family based in Dubai and have done three cruise from there and will be taking another one on MSC Fantasia on 17 Dec. In Abu Dhabi this time I think my grandsons want to visit the Formula 1 circuit and Yas Island - they have done all the other sights!

Good luck with your plans

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)