Nathan Smith golf rental carts - Grand Turk

beshears

I had several responses before, and had answered back, and had received responses again, but some way or another CC has LOST this question, so I am going to try again.

A couple of you said you had problems with the golf carts, but someone did come and help you and give you another cart.

This is my question, if we should have a problem, and "no one" comes by when your having the problem, do we have to:rolleyes: call the long distance number to reach them for service?

Also, if you pay the $80 that is to cover the "whole" day right, not just a couple hours?

We rented from Nathan in Jan. The cost covers the whole day. We got right off the ship and were the first ones there. We returned the golf carts about and hour and half before sailing.

We were told if we had any trouble that we could stop any taxi in town and that they all know Nathan well, and they would get ahold of him right away. We did not bring our phones along, so were glad to hear that. We didn't have any trouble at all.

I don't know how many you are interested in renting, but he did tell us we could have them for $60 a day since we were renting 3 of them. I was a little worried about giving him our Credit Card info so far in advance, but we didn't have any problem at all.

There is not a lot of see on that small island, but I think we saw just about everything. Plus stopped to do some shopping and at a beach.

Was a lot of fun.

Claudia

Our group had 4 carts. One of them had little to no brakes. The one I was driving sputtered % coughed the whole time then slowed down to turtle speed and it took us forever to get back. (We could have walked faster.) I hope you get one of the good ones! :p

Thanks for getting back with me in regard to Nathan Smith's golf carts. We will only need one, but I was concerned that if we had "trouble,":confused: how would we get a hold of him. Knowing that we can contack a Taxi (hopefully they will be going by ALL the time), helps out.

We were on the Destiny the week of 10/17 and rented a golf cart for 4 from Nathan. We made the reservation in advance using our credit card and no problems at all. Just walk past the vans and taxis and right past the gate you will see a couple of Jeeps and the golf carts on the right. We drove to the other side of the island to a deserted beach and to the lighthouse and back. After our first stop the golf cart was really hard to start but we made it. We had a blast, especially on the dirt road to the beach. We had to dodge many pot holes but that added to the fun. The couple leaving in a jeep when we got there heard us coming long before they saw us! Great view from the light house grounds (the lighthouse is under renovation) There is a small gift shop and snack bar with cold beverages. It also had very clean bathrooms. Just remember they drive on the other side of the road. We stopped at Jack's shack on the way back. The kids went snorkeling and we enjoyed the beach. The drinks were great. We had sent an email to them a couple of weeks in advance saying we would like to have Conch. They had fresh conch, harvested that morning. The jerk chicken was incredible. Which was served as cracked conch. Once you have fried conch you will not have conch fritters again! We wouldn't have done anything different.

We rented from Nathan in February on the Miracle. Had not problem with advance credit card (although I was kind of nervous).....we walked right off the ship, but when we got to him he had given out all the golf carts to the group in front of us...even tho we had reserved 8 months earlier, had a confirmation email 2 weeks before sailing too...uugghhh. So instead, he gave us a Jeep, he was apologetic....and it ended up working out OK, but we had a few heart stopping moments.

Good tip on emailing Jack & requesting conch. Will do that next September.

I think I would prefer a Jeep over the cart next time if we rent anything at all. We had so much fun at Jack's Shack, no need to go anywhere else...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We rented from Nathan in June this year. We got a couple hundred yards down the road and Nathan came up behind us in his jeep and flagged us down. He apologized, saying he overbooked his carts, and asked if we minded trading the cart for his jeep. Well, of course we didn't mind that one... He took the top off and we had a blast driving the jeep around the island - I agree, not much to see, but what we did see was beautiful. Drove the jeep on a desserted beach - probably was not allowed, but when we left, someone else was on their way on to the beach, so we didn't worry too much about it. Saw the lighthouse, and drove down a couple of the small "roads" down to the beach - good thing we had the 4X4 jeep - carts would not have made it. Also saw the "downtown" and went to conchworld. beautiful views up there - little signs on the way up, and often we thought we were on the wrong path, but eventually found it. Also stopped at Jack's - great chicken, wish I knew about pre-ordering the conch... but had a great time at the shack and on his beach either way. Made it back with about an hour to spare for a little shopping - wish we got back to the ship a little earlier - the line was ridiculous... And slow moving... Well, now we know for next time :cool:

No problems with giving Nathan the credit card info early - he charged it correctly and with no issues since. Would do it again, but would surely ask for the jeep...

Hello everyone, it looks like each day is "hopefully":)getting us closer. I have a few questions, again.;)

It was mentioned that Nathan gave you his phone number if something happened. Was it a "foreign" number, or a number like we have here in the USA?

Can you get to the lighthouse OK with the cart, or is it a problem.

In regard to the cart. If there is more than one cart parked where you are located or have stopped, are there different keys for each one, or would your key start any of them?

Is the Jeep a stick? I haven't driven a stick for years.

Do they give you a map to sort of find your way around the island?

I would be very unhappy if when I got off the ship (we only have so much time) they had given my cart to someone else, after I had booked way ahead of time, and had given them my credit card #.

They will give you a map with the directions to the lighthouse and other tourist places. It is easy to find. Just head all the way to the other end of the island. All the carts look alike. When we stopped at the lighthouse there was 4 there. Just remember where you parked yours.

Claudia

• 1 year later...

Stay AWAY from this guy!!! We rented one golf cart from him last year, and it had no brakes at all, sputtered for minutes before finally starting, and then would overheat and quit running for several minutes and you would have to sit beside the road to let it cool down before starting the cycle again. Thought it may have been a fluke, so this year our large group rented 4 carts from him. Had the same or similar problems on all 4 carts this year. PLUS, after stopping at the lighthouse, one of the batteries was dead and we had to call and wait for him to come and exchange the battery. After stopping at the Sand Bar, ANOTHER cart had a dead battery, and we had to wait AGAIN!! The only maintenance these carts ever receive is when they are broken down on the side of the road. He was out of carts, so he swapped this one with a Jeep. When we finally came back to turn-in the carts, we were told that we would have ANOTHER charge added to the credit card because the fuel tank was not returned full. We explained that we had not had time to stop for fuel because of all of the waiting and two employees became very rude and said that was our problem. I asked to speak directly with the owner and the employees became very arrogant and laughed and refused. They said, "No problem, we have your credit card number". The employees are very nice when picking-up the carts but once they have your money, couldn't care less about service or the quality of the product they offer. These carts are DANGEROUS and will eventually get someone killed or seriously injured. As a minimum, I would not count on these carts to get you back to the ship in time to make your sailing. I am surprised that Carnival has not put these carts "Off Limits" to their passengers. Rent these carts at your own peril!!

Archived