NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11606

Stateroom cat agora - mini suite mid ship

Starboard or port - port

Quiet stateroom- very quiet for us. But we had an elderly crowd that was more than likely not up late to make much noise.

Was stateroom connecting? - no

Bathtub instead of walkin shower. Might be hard for some people to get in and out of.

Ship: Star

Deck. 12

Cabin. 12039

Category. IC

Starboard, forward

Not connecting

Sideways layout

Two twins that canbe connected, with two fold up bunks.

On one side of the bed, if made into a queen, you can get in with just as all squeeze and forward bend, but the other is more difficult, since the fold up bed takes up much of the area. If you did not push the lower beds together it would make more sense.

Vanity has two 110 outlets, another you can get to behind the TV

Minifrig

Adequate storage for us.

No chairs, two stools that slide beneath the vanity.

There are no hooks in the cabin for robes or hats, etc

Very quiet.

I would not suggest this cabin if you are large or have mobility issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11529

Stateroom Category – Inside (midship)

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. We did hear the ship "flex" a few times when we encountered some rough seas. The other thing we did notice was the steward's cart was ALWAYS parked right outside our room. So in the morning we did hear some noise from the cart but other than that it was fine - and it was minimal. I just think it was the perfect spot to park the cart since the wall across from us was an empty one (no door).

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Hand soap dispenser leaked a bit. Don't put anything underneath it! I had put my cosmetic bag there and it was all sticky from where it leaked. We ended up keeping a wash cloth under it. Other than that very minor issue, no problems. Plumbing and shower - all great!

Any other comments? - Bed was large for an inside room (was expecting a queen size and this felt more like a king!) and it was comfortable. The light switch on boyfriend's side of the bed kept getting stuck but thankfully he's handy and fixed it. All the future cabin stayers can thank him! JK ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Escape

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17702

Stateroom Category – Penthouse Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No, Service room in front of the door , you could hear noise

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - later

https://youtu.be/AqQVP_XwImA

• 2 weeks later...

Ship – Pearl

Deck – 11

Stateroom # – 11584

Stateroom Category – Mini-suite (M1)

Starboard or Port Side – Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – For the most part. It’s right under Entourage, and the kids had some daytime activities that had a lot of pounding feet. It didn’t bother me as I was not in my stateroom during the day for long periods of time, but if you’re a daytime napper, it might be an issue. I didn’t hear anything at night, and I was back in my room by 10 p.m. 2 nights during my 4-night cruise.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? – Yes.

Balcony View . Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Completely unobstructed.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? –Normal.

Was wind a problem? – No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? – Nope!

Any other comments? –I would book again in a heartbeat—great location!

nclpearl11584-room.jpg.51d1b8d96ff373f39a6f3c067c02c430.jpg

nclpearl11584-roomfrombalcony.jpg.3f18ec9818e92e2059561d5282ed1da8.jpg

nclpearl11584-bathroomshelves.jpg.0c3532d0944e42b143ecc686d0f4c67f.jpg

nclpearl11584-desk.jpg.60f8db80014b45af22d79213a1f86906.jpg

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8738

Stateroom Category – BD

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Some bass noise vibration from music during shows in the theater below (we expected this) but nothing that really bothered us. Bit of a walk down the narrow hall (about 22 cabins) out to the end of the Waterfront, Fat Cats and Malting's, but good ex resize. Being so close to 6, 7, 8 was very convenient.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Our view from our balcony was amazing. No obstructions at all. Ocean was in full view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Oversized for class. We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and the tiny table. We spent a lot of time on our balcony watching the ocean go by!!!

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

No problems at all that we noticed.

Any other comments? -

We would highly recommend this stateroom if you don't mind a bit of a walk to mid ship.

When we dropped anchor at GSC (didn't end up staying unfortunately) my son was asleep and did not hear it at all!!

Edited by meatball_nyc

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5162

Stateroom Category – family oceanview With picture window

Starboard or Port Side - port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes with exception of some other passengers running hallways

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Slow drainage in the tub & toilet overflowed once but was quickly fixed

Any other comments? -

cabin was large enough for the 5 of us

Ship - Norwegian Breakaway

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11182

Stateroom Category – BA

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Generally yes.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Angled balcony, so if you sit at the angled side, you can be seen by (and see) several other rooms.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Angled balcony makes it 33% larger than other balconies in its class.

Any other comments? - Bed is next to balcony. Tons of storage space -- don't forget the drawers under the couch or the ottoman (which we used as a laundry hamper). Room is very close to the elevators, but around the corner so noise was only an issue with an exceptionally loud group.

Ship Breakaway

Deck 12

Stateroom # 12457

Stateroom Category I1 (Family Inside Stateroom)

Starboard or Port Side N/A

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) Relatively quiet although some hallway noises could be heard. Luckily I had quiet neighbors :)

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? N/A

Was wind a problem? N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Toilet flushing in other staterooms could be heard. Not really a problem but it was very audible.

Any other comments? This is a family cabin with 2 upper twins and 2 lower twins that can be pushed together or apart. I was in this cabin as a solo and it was great for me. However, I think trying to put 4 people in this cabin would be very difficult due to storage/closet space, little free space to walk/maneuver in and lack of any seating except for one small cube ottomon. This would not be a good cabin category choice for anyone that has any issues with claustrophobia.

Ship – Getaway

Deck – 14 forward

Stateroom # – 14140

Stateroom Category – Haven Spa Suite (H9)

Starboard or Port Side – Port

Quiet Stateroom? Yes.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No.

Balcony View No obstructions, thought when you look directly down, you see a deck/walkway and not the water.

Balcony Size? Normal for ship apparently, though small. Two chairs that faced each other and a small side table. I couldn't turn the chair and sit comfortably facing the water.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? This has the support pole in the cabin by the spa tub. Not a big deal, unless you wanted to really use the spa tub. It did distract your eye when you were looking at the cabin.

Any other comments? TONS of storage, cabin furnishings starting to show a little wear and had some water damage to the floors and they were buckling by the balcony door. Have to walk up a deck to get to spa, but easy walk. Very comfortable bed, though only 1 power outlet bedside and one power outlet by tv. Narrow, but long, shower stall. Trough sink with double faucets.

Ship: Dawn

Deck: Eleven

Cabin #: 11520 (forward)

Category: 2 BR Suite with Balcony

Starboard or Port: Port

Quiet? Pretty quiet.

Connecting? Yes, to balcony cabin, via the foyer.

Balcony view? Good. Had two cushioned loungers and one small table. Looks down straight into the water.

Problems with cabin? None at all!

Great cabin. Very good location.

Spacious bathroom with separate shower and jet tub, double sinks and lots of storage.

Lavazza coffee machine is great!

Extra bedroom has sleeper sofa and upper bunk. Great plus was the full extra bathroom (same configuration as in other rooms).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10232 and 10234

Stateroom Category – balcony mini suite (MB?)

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? – yes

Balcony View – overlooks lifeboats, but you look out OVER them

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - small

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - in 10234 bed by window, in 10232 bed by closet

From the balcony you can hear them shaking drinks in the mojito bar.

The room from hell......as all they are in that row.

There is a vacant construction area under these cabins on the 7th floor. They were installing a new hydraulic door under my cabin....the guys start at 6am.

Sledgehammers, hammers, guys shouting.

Very reluctantly they moved me after too many hours standing in line.

Upon leaving, the room steward told me people move out of this run of cabins all the time. He said it was indeed construction, but as well the noise of waves upsets folks.

Just beware.

Cheers, Barbara

Ship - Jade

Deck - 9

Stateroom # 9020

Stateroom Category – balcony BX

Starboard or Port Side - starboard forward

Quiet Stateroom? – yes

Balcony View – good, but would prefer port side, because the only time we had a view was leaving Roatan after the ship turned. And most times our balcony was too hot & sunny to enjoy. Port side would be better.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for this class

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not really. Good overall. Bathroom could use more storage space. Vanity area is in middle of "walkway" around the bed, making it awkward to get ready. Could use more counter space since the only other table is taken up by the coffee maker under the TV by balcony. Bring an extension cord since no electrical outlets by bed(s) & a European converter if you want to use them all. There's a 110 in bathroom, a 110 and a 220 at vanity & a 110 by TV. Plenty of drawer, shelf, hanging space for 2 people. Beds are pretty hard, so we brought foam pads you get for $25 each at Walmart.

Any other comments?

IMG_9418.jpg.c644829c54b02d26d2c00b2e7f901907.jpg

IMG_9420.jpg.7c36a120542df1c82ff74e73bae0520e.jpg

IMG_9423.jpg.9ab1412c13ea808bb96c4e1d6f2c5a44.jpg

Ship – Norwegian Jade

Deck – 10

Stateroom # - 10666

Stateroom Category – SF (Aft-Facing Penthouse Suite)

Starboard or Port Side – Port (AFT!)

Quiet Stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View: Excellent… Aft panorama

Balcony Size? - One Chair, Two Loungers, and plenty of walk around space

Was wind a problem? - Most of the time, no!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Soot was not a problem until heading back toward Houston. Food, straw wrappers, and such blew-down from Great Outdoors.

Any specific problems with this cabin? – Area around the bed is a bit tight

Any other comments? - Nice room overall, plenty of storage and closet space. While clean, the room is showing it's age with pealing wallpaper and faded carpet, but is still quite nice.

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11244

Stateroom Category – BA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Could hear music occasionally from the Waterfront a few decks down when we had our slider open, but nothing to complain about.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No it wasn't.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Balcony view was great, there were no obstructions. The only thing was that about 3 balconies over to the right, the ship kind of bumps out and people could look out to our balcony from there. It was literally one balcony that could see us and that was only if they happened to be out there too so it wasn't a big deal.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was normal. Could easily sit two people on it.

Was wind a problem? - Not at all! Thinking about it now, it wasn't that windy at all.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None at all! We absolutely loved our cabin!

Any other comments? -

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9734

Stateroom Category – B6

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, we heard nothing from the hall or from outside. Only occasionally did I even hear other people on their balconies when we were out on our balcony, it was really very quiet.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – view was perfect. No obstructions. The balcony to our right was angled but they we angled back towards the ship. The balcony above us could look down on us and we could look down on the minisuite balcony below us. But we had zero complaints!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was a large balcony on deck 9. We had a table and two chairs and two loungers. It was tight walking with all that on there but 4 of us fit comfortably!

Was wind a problem? - it was windy by the railing, but most of the time sitting on the chairs or loungers it was not windy at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none, plan to get the same cabin next cruise!!

Any other comments- the cabin is at one of the fire doors, So the entry is just the width of the door, with a thick wall between our door and the cabin that pokes out into the hall. I think this helps keep the cabin very quiet as the kids room 9435 did not have this and there was more noise from neighbors coming and going. And we had a vibrantly argumentative family next door...could hear them from the hall but NOT from inside the cabin at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Spirit

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5016

Stateroom Category – OC

Starboard or Port Side - ?

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes

Ocean View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – nice picture Window

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Cabin Was a bit dirty, everything worked. Waves are pretty loud.

Any other comments? - I would book this cabin again.

Ship - EPIC (June 2015)

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9281

Stateroom Category – BE Balcony stateroom

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Near to aft of ship so not many people passing by our door. Staterooms above and below so couldn't hear any noise from restaurants etc.

Balcony View – Can't fully remember where the lifeboats were. We could see them from our balcony but they did not block the view at all. Looking down, you can see part of the level 8 balconies, but very little. Very nice view overall.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony. This was an open top balcony so we did have some issues with rubbish like cigarette butts being dropped from the balconies above. So it meant the balcony got a bit messy. But otherwise, great for getting direct sunlight most of the day.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Nice cabin. Sofa was beside the balcony door so plenty of space for moving around the cabin. Very near to stairs/elevators.

Edited by teatoast

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Gem (Feb 2016)

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11054

Stateroom Category – MA Mid Ship Mini Suite Withe Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Below the Grill of the Pool Deck. Did not experience any noise from above.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View – Balcony view was great. No obstruction, could see all the way down to the ocean. Had A nice shade cover. Could faintly hear music from pool deck sometimes.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony for a mini suite. Had 2 chairs, small table & room to spare.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Could hear some creaking of the ship and hangers in closet clanging together during rough seas

Any other comments? - Nice cabin. Not much space between bed and closet doors. Side of tub/shower was high making it a little difficult to get in and out of the tub/shower.

Ship - Gem (Feb 2016)

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11054

Stateroom Category – MA Mid Ship Mini Suite Withe Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Below the Grill of the Pool Deck. Did not experience any noise from above.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View – Balcony view was great. No obstruction, could see all the way down to the ocean. Had A nice shade cover. Could faintly hear music from pool deck sometimes.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal sized balcony for a mini suite. Had 2 chairs, small table & room to spare.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Could hear some creaking of the ship and hangers in closet clanging together during rough seas

Any other comments? - Nice cabin. Not much space between bed and closet doors. Side of tub/shower was high making it a little difficult to get in and out of the tub/shower.

Thank you, we are going to be in 11062 in May

we liked our Mini back in 2013 .

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - EPIC - February 2016

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10201

Stateroom Category – B6 Large Balcony stateroom

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Staterooms above and below so couldn't hear any noise from restaurants etc.

Balcony View – We had one of the angles balcony cabins facing aft. Lovely view.

Balcony Size? Large - because of the angle.

Was wind a problem? - Not really.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - YES! The vents for the restaurant (s) was very very close to the balcony and it seriously stunk of asian food cooking, fried egss, etc. for 90% of the time. The balcony was essentially unusable for that reason. We had the cabin steward come out and swell the air twice and he agreed it stunk.

Any other comments? - Nice cabin. Bed was by the bathroom and there was lots of storage.

Ship - Escape

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17104

Stateroom Category – H4

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Only noise we heard was from balcony doors opening. We had a crew area/elevator right across the hall from us, but we didn't notice any noise from that.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view. We could see straight down and also into the bridge.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal. Best thing about this was that it was private -- no balcony in the immediate other side of us.

Was wind a problem? - No, but we did feel some mist at one point that we assumed was from the hot tub right above us.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - All was good!

Any other comments? - We really appreciated the private balcony and would choose this cabin again. Avoid the 18th deck because the sound of deck chairs was really obvious when we were in the Haven restaurant on Deck 18.

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11521

Stateroom Category – Studio

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Only noise I would hear was from the Getaway Theatre at night which was a few floors down.

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - All was good!

Any other comments? - The Studio rooms are great for solo travellers! Plenty of space

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14862

Stateroom Category – BC

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Can hear chairs/tables being dragged above (once in a while) as the Garden Cafe is directly above. Did not bother me that much. I don't believe you can hear regular foot traffic.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This is a hump cabin. The last couple staterooms to your right can see you if you're close to the rail. Great for seeing the Statue of Liberty on your way out of NY. Directly above is the garden cafe and there is an overhang. Probably good for shelter from rain/wind.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Hump cabin provides a bit more room in the balcony. 2 ppl can stretch their legs out unlike the neighbouring balconies.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? - Loved the location close the buffet, elevators and stairs. On the flip side, the spa is far away.