Marriott points use in Puerto Rico?

mtquinn

Hello all. Hoping for some help.

I read somewhere that if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can possibly use the Marriott facilities at their hotel in Puerto Rico, maybe using some points.

Is that true? We called the hotel and they had no idea about it. Tried to contact Rewards and couldn't get through.

If anyone has done this, has any info, please let me know. Where you able to use the hotel? Was there a fee, and how much. Thank you!

Do what Colin said. ^^^

If no luck at either of those, try Marriott Rewards again. I call them regularly, and certainly wouldn't give up after 1 try. That property is level 8, which is 40,000 pts for a 1 night stay. For a location that pricey, I'd guess they wouldn't be looking to cut much of a deal, but who knows? It's worth a try.

Are you talking about a day pass or an overnight stay?

Most Marriott's let you use the Instant Redemption system and you can use points to pay for items that would have otherwise been charged to your room account like room service, spa treatments, bar tabs, etc. I would call the hotel directly and see if they would let you do that instead of paying cash (if indeed you are talking about a day pass). But keep in mind you may get much more value out of your points if you would just pay cash and say your points for a stay. The points to dollar ratio on transfers like that are typically really bad.

Edited by paulh84

Not sure you can use the points, unless, of course, you just book a room using points and never use the room. Probably not worth using that many points when you can just pay to utilize the resort.

We did earn points for our purchase of the resort for the day at the Marriott.

Can you please give me some details? Curious.

If you are asking about resort for a day just google that and you will find their site - pick the island, pick the hotel, and they show the details.

We were on a DCL trip and got diverted to San Juan last minute so we didn't have a ton of time to research but I had been there before for work. The Marriott has a nice beach, a couple pools, a small slide and the package came with a small food credit. Free wi-fi in the lobby but not by the pool.