Refund issue from norweign cruise line

CruiserLI

I am owed a $625 refund from Norweign Cruise Line. I've been getting a runaround from them. First I was told I would get a check in 10 days, then it was 30 days. Here it is 2+ months later and still no refund. Due to cut back it next to impossible to get in touch with customer service. I have called numerous time in been put on hold for 2+ hours. Out of frustration I hang up. Any suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated.

I sent a certified letter to the corporate office in Florida three weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them. When I didn't get my refund after 10 business days I called customer service, the rep. on the phone told me that due to massive lay offs everything is back up. I'm surprised in this day and age that Norweign can't credit back my credit card. Just concern with what going on with Norweign.

Also, I did send 2 emails to guest relations. The first email they replied back apologizing, and offered me 2 $75 on board credits. The second email they offered 2 $200 on board credits. Felt like customer relations is trying to sell/ book future cruises not solve the problem at hand. (

Generally it takes a month . I did have one occasion when after 2 months I still hadn't received our refund. I called customer service and had them connect me to billing/accounting . As it turned out they had an incorrect reservation number for us. Once that was corrected I was sent my refund. I believe that it was within a 2 week period. I was told it would take that long because they (at that time ) paid twice a month. Perhaps doing that may help .Good Luck.

I sent a certified letter to the corporate office in Florida three weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them. When I didn't get my refund after 10 business days I called customer service, the rep. on the phone told me that due to massive lay offs everything is back up. I'm surprised in this day and age that Norweign can't credit back my credit card. Just concern with what going on with Norweign.

Also, I did send 2 emails to guest relations. The first email they replied back apologizing, and offered me 2 $75 on board credits. The second email they offered 2 $200 on board credits. Felt like customer relations is trying to sell/ book future cruises not solve the problem at hand. (

"Massive layoffs"?:rolleyes:. What the heck is going on at NCL? 2 hour waits on hold?

I was thinking of putting a big cash OBC on our next cruise since we will not have a drink package, but this is the second time I have read today about 2 hours on hold with customer service and long waits for refunds. No way I'm going to wait weeks or months to get my own money back. It goes on the credit card. I wish the OP good luck.

Edited by punkincc

Thanks....I'm going to wait a little longer. When I did get in touch with a customer service rep. I was told the hold times and delay in sending me a refund was due to cut backs in the customer service department and the accounting departments. Use a credit card for everything !!!!

As you went through a TA, anything you send directly to NCL will probably accomplish NOTHING. While some may find advantages to using and agent, this is one of the drawbacks. Unless an exceptions is made on a case by case basis, you have to go through your TA for EVERYTHING.

After a certain period of time (usually exceeded in the case of cruises because of the final payment date) they can't issue a credit against a CC transaction, hence the check.

It still should not take that long, especially if they have acknowledged the error that resulted in the refund in the first place.

Im going through the same thing. Ive made countless calls and spent hours on hold. I did use a credit card and their policy is to issue a check for any refunds. I was told basically the same as op except i was told they cut checks every wed. It is outrageous in this day and age to issue a paper check especially in my case when they could have just released a hold they put on my cc instead of allowing the charge to go through causing the refund. I want to book another cruise but im sure not going to until this gets straightened out!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk