Everything...ESCAPE (part two)

CC Help Michell

I tried finding this answer in another thread but with no luck...I'm hoping someone might know the answer here.

I just switched from a BF on deck 11 AFT to a B4, Deck 9 MID (Rooms 9856 and 9858). Now I'm a little worried the view might not be as nice.

Interestingly, when I look at the descriptions on NCL's site, for the 9856 it lists the following bullets that are NOT included in the description for 9858.

Pier midship

Convertible Single Sofa Bed

Private Balcony

Floor to Ceiling Window

I'm not sure what it means that there is no note of a private balcony, etc for 9858. Anyone have any insight why these would be excluded from another B4 cabin?

Early reports indicated that Internet service on the Escape was unacceptably slow, even by "cruise ship" standards (e.g. even older ships have far better internet service.). Is this still the case?

Our wifi experience on the transatlantic was fast enough to even upload full size photos and also FaceTime our son back home. Can't get much better than that.

Early reports indicated that Internet service on the Escape was unacceptably slow, even by "cruise ship" standards (e.g. even older ships have far better internet service.). Is this still the case?

I didn't find it to be any slower or faster than any other NCL ship. Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I have a question about stateroom sizes: on NCL website aft penthouses show as different widths on schematic (ex: deck 14 is wider than deck 9). Is there any actual difference in widths of various aft penthouses? Please forgive me if this question was previously answered on the thread--it's very long.

• 3 months later...
Our Escape cruise was Super Bowl. Feb 6. No fireworks. If memory serves me, it had been announced a few weeks prior that NCL was discontinuing them.

Did they do a good party for the Superbowl? Was it shown on the big screen?

Did they do a good party for the Superbowl? Was it shown on the big screen?

Lol. Yes! O'sheehans had special food table set up. Nachos, hot dogs etc.

We got our "seats"at 1:30 and we weren't the first!. We met our seat neighbors and had a blast. I'm the one who stayed with seats all the time while sil and dd dh did food and drink running. 4 yr old played with other children in front of big screen. So cute.

Pink blanket is my seat.ImageUploadedByForums1467426248.764994.jpg.d5c796878a4961563db1f98879f647c7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1467426238.801091.jpg.cb2eacac19781c910db6423677685669.jpg

They never had fireworks on Escape at all.

No they didn't. Made the announcement before float out. There were disappointed people on our roll call. But since the ship had never had them I think it was easier than those on the ships that had them for a long time. I would have loved it.

It was also shown on the big Spice H2O screen outside. We were on Escape last year, and will be back for Super Bowl again in February 2017.

Excellent! Sounds like we can find a party somewhere!

• 1 month later...

One other question. We are cruising to celebrate my son and a few of his friends high school graduation. Unfortunately my son will be the only one not 18 yet. He is a late summer bday. Will this create a problem? I know most of the adult areas are 18 plus. I'm afraid he will be left out of the group a lot. Any info appreciated.