DAWN DAILIES: Jan. 10 - 17, 2016 (Western Caribbean)

brightfeather

Hi everyone,

A few people have asked that I post these, so I'm attaching them here. If you have any questions, please ask.

We were in an Aft Penthouse #10728. Patrick Berido was concierge; Henry Sabariaga was our butler. Jay Alcedo was cabin steward.

We ate dinner in the specialty restaurants each night. Cagney's & Teppanyaki twice. Breakfast & lunch were either en suite or Cagney's. We only ate at the Buffet one day.

Welcome Page.pdf

NCL Dawn - Day 1 - Jan 10 2016.pdf

NCL Dawn - Day 2 - Jan 11 2016.pdf

NCL Dawn - Day 3 - Jan 12 2016.pdf

NCL DAWN - DAY 4 - Jan 13 2016.pdf

NCL Dawn - Day 5 - Jan 14 2016.pdf

NCL Dawn - Day 6 - Jan 15 2016.pdf

NCL Dawn - Day 7 - Jan 16 2016.pdf

NCL Dawn - You'll Be Going Home Soon.pdf

Thank you for posting! I printed the all but the last one, haha.

I usually miss things as I don't make time to read these each day so now I will do it before I go.

Sucks being off the ship doesn't it! lol Hope you had a good cruise :p

Janice

I was wondering if you did the theatre at night and if you would recommend not bothering with certain shows.....I know we all have different taste but I hate setting the time aside for theatre when I could be somewhere better.

Welcome aboard show :confused:

Band on the Run I think I would like this one, did you see it?

The Grand Illusions of Haines Magic :confused:

Showdown :confused:

The Second City :confused:

Elements :confused:

Fly Adage-Aerial Acrobats :rolleyes:--this one doesnt sound all that great for a last night on board.

Thanks,

Janice

Thank you for posting! I printed the all but the last one, haha.

I usually miss things as I don't make time to read these each day so now I will do it before I go.

Sucks being off the ship doesn't it! lol Hope you had a good cruise :p

Janice

Hi Waverly,

Yeah, it sucks to be back on land, but I can think about our next cruise on the new Vista in September in the Mediterranean -- which is my DREAM cruise, so all is well. :-) And yes, we had a very good time.

I was wondering if you did the theatre at night and if you would recommend not bothering with certain shows.....I know we all have different taste but I hate setting the time aside for theatre when I could be somewhere better.

Fly Adage-Aerial Acrobats :rolleyes:--this one doesnt sound all that great for a last night on board.

Thanks,

Janice

Hi Janice,

We did most of the shows. However, we did not do the "welcome aboard" show, nor did we go to the magic show, but rest of them were very good -- especially the 2nd City, Elements and Fly Adage. Do go to those three.

2nd City -- is where the comics go in Chicago to learn about comedy -- most all of the SNL cast over the years started at 2nd City. It was fun.

Elements -- it was a combination of song, dance and aerial/acrobatics -- it was fabulous

Fly Adage -- was the couple who do the aerial/acrobatics. I thought it was the best out of all of them.

Band on the Run -- was fun -- especially if you are over say, 40 or so and remember disco and all that went with it....or love that era.

NCL does production shows very, very well. :-)

We were on the same cruise. Our room was 12500. I loved the room however on the 2 nights it rained we had a large leak in the master bedroom. It soaked the carpet and bath towel. Both days they cleaned the carpet and dried it while we were gone and we were pleased. Ramul was our butler. We were very dissappointed in him. He did not keep soda filled or brought things that we asked for until we finally put it in writing even then he did not do things. We asked for basic items. One day I mentioned that we would like dinner in our room and he told me that it was a bad idea because the table was small. Patrick was FABULOUS. I can not explain. He was very in tune with all the guests. We enjoyed the shows. We only missed the welcome show. The 2nd city Troup was great. We enjoyed the murder mystery lunch. The bar lines were not bad. Pool service was great. We enjoyed watching the Cavs game 2 nights at the bar by the pool. A couple bartenders watched with us. The 1st day we had problems with the drink package and udp by 2 the bill was completely correct. Bamboo food wss average and would not go again. All other food was GREAT. LeBistro lobster was my favorite. Even though we had the UDP for all 7 nights we ate at Aqua and The Venetian at each once and was not dissapointed. Service in those restaurants was good too. 11 of us ate there and we were done in an hour to make the show.

Thank you so much for the information, I love having a bit of knowledge before I go.

Diane, You will love the Mediterranean Cruise! We went in 2010 and I am dying to get back over there. We left from Rome and ended in Venice.

If you are going to stop at Naples, please see the Amalfi Coast as it is something else! Just beautiful.

Are you possibly going to Santorini? That compares with Amalfi in a different way, love that island! Beautiful.

It's all just so beautiful over there :D

Thanks,

Janice

We were on the same cruise as the OP as it turns out, on the 9th floor. The shows in the Stardust were good. I was disappointed though that most were the same as last fall (2014) when we were on the Jade. Showdown and Elements were identical, the magician was very similar, if you haven't seen any of them before I would recommend going. Band on the Run was great, Second City had the crowd in stitches, I'm a bit of a comedic snob, but the guy beside me was belly laughing the whole time and him have such a good time my the show for me. We did not go to Fly Adage as We've seen very similar shows elsewhere. We had UBP and never had problems with lines or having to wait for drinks. Service at the pool was a little slow on the sea days, but I would just get up and go to the bar and be served very right away.

Thank you so much for the information, I love having a bit of knowledge before I go.

Diane, You will love the Mediterranean Cruise! We went in 2010 and I am dying to get back over there. We left from Rome and ended in Venice.

If you are going to stop at Naples, please see the Amalfi Coast as it is something else! Just beautiful.

Are you possibly going to Santorini? That compares with Amalfi in a different way, love that island! Beautiful.

It's all just so beautiful over there :D

Waverly7,

Thanks for the advice. We've never been before so I appreciate that. Naples is one of our stops on the new Carnival Vista:

9/13/2016 Athens ---- 7:00 PM

9/14/2016 Izmir (Ephesus), Turkey 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

9/15/2016 Rhodes, Greece 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

9/16/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

9/17/2016 Valleta (Malta) 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

9/18/2016 Messina (Sicily), Italy 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

9/19/2016 Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

9/20/2016 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 7:00 AM 8:00 PM

9/21/2016 Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

9/22/2016 Marseilles (Provence), France 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

9/23/2016 Barcelona, Spain 6:00 AM ----

We're excited about it but there was also just a warning put out by a British Naval Officer about possible ISIS attacks on cruise ships. Sigh.....

We were on the same cruise as the OP as it turns out, on the 9th floor. The shows in the Stardust were good. I was disappointed though that most were the same as last fall (2014) when we were on the Jade. Showdown and Elements were identical, the magician was very similar, if you haven't seen any of them before I would recommend going. Band on the Run was great, Second City had the crowd in stitches, I'm a bit of a comedic snob, but the guy beside me was belly laughing the whole time and him have such a good time my the show for me. We did not go to Fly Adage as We've seen very similar shows elsewhere. We had UBP and never had problems with lines or having to wait for drinks. Service at the pool was a little slow on the sea days, but I would just get up and go to the bar and be served very right away.

Hey Derek,

I think Elements was on the last NCL cruise we were on and I missed it but my Mom said it was really good so I'll be sure to see that. I love comedy and if he had people in stitches, then I am in!

So looking forward to this cruise!!

Thanks for your input!

Janice

I think they were at 7:00 and 9:00 but Elements was and 6:30 and 9:30?, they have confetti and such after the show so they give themselves more time to set up and then clean up the theater, that is on Friday night. Also, I think it was Band on the Run only had one show at 8:00.

I think they were at 7:00 and 9:00 but Elements was and 6:30 and 9:30?, they have confetti and such after the show so they give themselves more time to set up and then clean up the theater, that is on Friday night. Also, I think it was Band on the Run only had one show at 8:00.

thank you so much...I made dinner reservations for 7:00 some for 7:30, wanted to make sure this is a good time not to miss the shows. but, if their is only one show at 8:00 on the 2nd day, I may have to change my reservations.

I called, but NCL does not know the times of the shows.

hi everyone,

a few people have asked that i post these, so i'm attaching them here. If you have any questions, please ask.

We were in an aft penthouse #10728. Patrick berido was concierge; henry sabariaga was our butler. Jay alcedo was cabin steward.

We ate dinner in the specialty restaurants each night. Cagney's & teppanyaki twice. Breakfast & lunch were either en suite or cagney's. We only ate at the buffet one day.

[attach]374814[/attach]

[attach]374815[/attach]

[attach]374816[/attach]

[attach]374817[/attach]

[attach]374818[/attach]

[attach]374819[/attach]

[attach]374820[/attach]

[attach]374821[/attach]

[attach]374822[/attach]

thank you so very much for this posting, this has been very helpful.....

• 3 weeks later...