If traveling in the Haven can we bring our own butler?

takeadip

Hi All,

If we book a haven owners suite on the Breakaway RT NYC I understand a butler is included. My question is:

Can we bring our own butler? Its just so hard to get used to a "new" "unfamiliar" butler that i feel the time spent setting out expectations will be just exhausting that we wont be able to fully enjoy all that our stateroom has to offer. If NCL does not permit us to bring our long time family's butler i could manage to get by. but do you feel when we return home that our "family" butler will give us the cold shoulder or refuse eye contact? i would hate for someone to lose his job over what is supposed to be a relaxing voyage.

All good things,

-Mark

Bring anyone you want. You have to pay for them and they won't have access to anything that the ship board butlers do, but nothing prevents it. People bring their nannies all the time.

If you do plan pn bring your butler though you should probably look at Crystal as your line of choice. Much stuffier.

Bring anyone you want. You have to pay for them and they won't have access to anything that the ship board butlers do, but nothing prevents it. People bring their nannies all the time.

X2 plus I would think your butler would enjoy a week without his principals around.

Hi All,

If we book a haven owners suite on the Breakaway RT NYC I understand a butler is included. My question is:

Can we bring our own butler? Its just so hard to get used to a "new" "unfamiliar" butler that i feel the time spent setting out expectations will be just exhausting that we wont be able to fully enjoy all that our stateroom has to offer. If NCL does not permit us to bring our long time family's butler i could manage to get by. but do you feel when we return home that our "family" butler will give us the cold shoulder or refuse eye contact? i would hate for someone to lose his job over what is supposed to be a relaxing voyage.

All good things,

-Mark

Is this post meant as a joke? I do not see how it could be anything else. What a hoot!

It seems that different people are receiving very different information from NCL's customer service regarding bringing their own butlers.

Some people have been told that it's possible, but that there is a limit of only one butler per stateroom, some people have been told that only people in the Deluxe Owner's Suite may bring more than one butler, and someone else heard that there was an unlimited number of butlers allowed but that a $15 per butler unlocking fee was levied.

Additionally, if your butler is Canadian you might want to check and see what the butler exchange rate NCL is providing because if there is a limit of only one, and they're exchanging at 1.36 Canadian butlers, you may have to drop your butler in port so as not to go over the allotted butler limit.

You may want to send an email so you have their policy in writing in case you show up and they don't want to allow you to take your butler.

Good luck!

It's absolutely allowed and encouraged, as this exact situation is described in the terms and conditions of NCL's Bring Your Own Butler (BYOB) program. As for the other BYOB program... Sorry you're out of luck.

My question is in regards to the DSC, should he or she be allowed to share in that too? According to some on this forum it amounts to millions of dollars shared by the crew each week. :-)

A butler is on the list of prohibited items along with lawn mowers, hibachi charcoal grills, weed eaters and...strangely enough....dead ocelots.

They take it pretty seriously. I know guy whose last name is Butler and they wanted to deny him boarding. He pointed out that he is a Butler, not a butler and they realized their mistake and let him on but he said it was touch-and-go for a short time.