Seabourn Returns to Alaska Cruises in 2017

LauraS

One of the first cruises we took was a r/t on Crystal, San Francisco to Alaska. Loved being able to take a cab to and from the ship. We sat at a table for 8, the oddest assortment of folks I had ever been thrown amidst, yet we all got along, joked, had a good time, and now we have photos as evidence. Alaska was a beautiful and rugged experience, but the journey to and from SF was the icing on the cake. Maybe someday I can do this again...not even picky as to which line...altho I will draw the line on Princess r/t to Hawaii.

Wise move!

We also sailed on Crystal round-trip San Francisco to Alaska, many moons ago. Perhaps we were shipmates. What a joy to park our car across the Embarcadero from the ship; it even made debarkation pleasant! (and parking was free, to boot).

Edited by Winner

We were on the Symphony in 2005, and I think it was August. It was a good experience, but I must admit that we were cruise newbies and not very critical. We were in our mid-50s and were surprised at the average age on board, announced at 76! Crystal may have an even older crowd now. We didn't feel especially young, but we were comparatively. We were happy with all the friendly people we met, and dazzled by the Alaska experience. We did a couple of memorable excursions to experience the wilderness.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why but most of the luxury lines are doing far fewer cruise to or from San Francisco for the Alaska season. In 2016, Crystal is doing mainly shorter Alaskan Cruises with some ending in Alaska. Same for Silversea.

I always love the R/T San Francisco cruises because we love San Francisco but for many they either want to start or end in Alaska to do pre or post land programs.

With that said this does provide additional choices which is always good to see.

Keith