Thomas Keller menu

Kevnzworld

I don't think this was posted yet, at least I hope not.

We are aboard the Odyssey currently , Venice to Barcelona to Miami.

An assistant chef to Thomas Keller is aboard the ship and they've begun to roll out a special menu in addition to the daily inspirations in The Restaurant on an every other day basis. These will probably be the menu items in the new restaurant.

This is the first one I've seen.

image.jpg.b959e511efad635c2fb2659085b7820d.jpg

I believe I can make out the word Cassoulet.

Reminds me of one of my favorite childhood rhymes:

Beans beans the magical fruit

The more you eat the more you toot

The more you toot the better you feel

So lets have beans with every meal

We're on the Odyssey now and tonight there was an alternative to the regular menu in the MDR that was a Thomas Keller menu. There was an excellent appetizer involving ravioli. Main course was either duck breast with a wine jus and some other things I can't remember or a vegetarian mushroom dish. Dessert was a cream sickle but not like anyone we'd ever seen. The appetizer was to die for. The duck breast was a large piece of meat and mine was quite chewy. My husband had the cream sickle and said it was good. I had to have the soufflé - it was calling me!

Tomorrow we've been invited to a Thomas Keller dinner in the Colonnade. i guess we're Guinea pigs; will let you know more then.

We're on the Odyssey now and tonight there was an alternative to the regular menu in the MDR that was a Thomas Keller menu. There was an excellent appetizer involving ravioli. Main course was either duck breast with a wine jus and some other things I can't remember or a vegetarian mushroom dish. Dessert was a cream sickle but not like anyone we'd ever seen. The appetizer was to die for. The duck breast was a large piece of meat and mine was quite chewy. My husband had the cream sickle and said it was good. I had to have the soufflé - it was calling me!

Tomorrow we've been invited to a Thomas Keller dinner in the Colonnade. i guess we're Guinea pigs; will let you know more then.

Is there any chance you could ask when the roll out is set for Sojourn please? I think it wi be too late for my end of October cruise [emoji20]

Seems rather limited. I understand the vegetarian option but how about a fish or fowl as well as the beef?

What vegetarian option? The cassoulet? Traditional french cassoulet is decidedly not vegetarian - made of all kinds of meat and pork skin. The thumbnail pic is too small and blurry for me to discern the Thomas Keller version. Can anyone see it clearly; does it say vegetarian? Great if so!

They are still looking for a chef magician to deal with all the existing frozen proteins...

A huge challenge. I wish there were more fresh food products, but maybe that is just not possible on a cruise ship.

I don't think this was posted yet, at least I hope not.

We are aboard the Odyssey currently , Venice to Barcelona to Miami.

An assistant chef to Thomas Keller is aboard the ship and they've begun to roll out a special menu in addition to the daily inspirations in The Restaurant on an every other day basis. These will probably be the menu items in the new restaurant.

This is the first one I've seen.

Thanks for trying, Kevin. We will stay tuned with much anticipation.

The Colonnade is closed for two evenings for a Thomas Keller sampling menu tasting, dishes served family style. We are going to tonight's edition. The menu's I'm posting are featured every other night in addition to the regular menu, not instead of.

This is last nights menu. I didn't order from it.

Sorry about the image quality, I'll effort to improve it next time.

image.jpg.6ca1952928672e9e76f08d2d76478a8f.jpg

What vegetarian option? The cassoulet? Traditional french cassoulet is decidedly not vegetarian - made of all kinds of meat and pork skin. The thumbnail pic is too small and blurry for me to discern the Thomas Keller version. Can anyone see it clearly; does it say vegetarian? Great if so!

I'm well aware of what the normal ingredients for cassoulet are. But on this menu Cassoulet was in quotation marks and it looked like the main ingredients were beans and eggplant. If I'm wrong please correct me as it was a bit hard to read.

I'm well aware of what the normal ingredients for cassoulet are. But on this menu Cassoulet was in quotation marks and it looked like the main ingredients were beans and eggplant. If I'm wrong please correct me as it was a bit hard to read.

T'was on the Good Ship Odyssey ........

When the winds wouldn't blow

And the ship wouldn't go

They got Keller's Cassoulet

To start her.

We had the special Thomas Keller dinner in the Colonnade last night. First course was Gem Lettuce Salad with slow baked beets, radish, fried capers, chopped egg and green goddess dressing. Main course was Hickory Smoked BBQ ribs over braised greens with baked beans, corn pone and whipped honey butter. Cheese course was Manchego cheese with maldon flat bread and blue apron mustard. Dessert was Potted Cheesecake with poached blueberries and vanilla chantilly. Everything was cooked well but the menu would probably not be my first choice.

Edited by Sunviking

We had the special Thomas Keller dinner in the Colonnade last night. First course was Gem Lettuce Salad with slow baked beets, radish, fried capers, chopped egg and green goddess dressing. Main course was Hickory Smoked BBQ ribs over braised greens with baked beans, corn pone and whipped honey butter. Cheese course was Manchego cheese with maldon flat bread and blue apron mustard. Dessert was Potted Cheesecake with poached blueberries and vanilla chantilly. Everything was cooked well but the menu would probably not be my first choice.

This four-course preparation sounds very much like what he would serve at AD Hoc (his family-style prix fixe in Yountville) - salad, entree, cheese, dessert - one set menu each evening. Out of curiosity, was it served family-style or individually plated? (He serves family style at his restaurant.)

This gives me hope that perhaps the Ad Hoc fried chicken I love will make an appearance!

This is the menu from the third Thomas Keller prototype dinner in the Colonnade. The logo is from Ad Hoc. The service is a bit contrived, with the family style stuff. I sat at a table of six. They paired some pretty decent wines, not the usual by the glass stuff. A Sancerre and a California cab. They also had a Pinot noir and a Malbac available.

Overall the reviews at the table were great. The every other night menu addition in The Restaurant continues. I've heard that Kellers chef is exiting the ship tomorrow in Barcelona

Here's the menu and a picture of the Rib dish

image.jpg.c8e781fdd53dbd309afc68abf895c8d1.jpg