Hong Kong to Monte Carlo

skincruisers

We are seasoned Seaboard cruisers and are thinking of undertaking the Sojourn journey from HKG to Monte Carlo in April--52 days

We are a little concerned that the MDR might be closed for breakfast and dinner. That would cause us to change cruise line.

Does anyone have a thought?

From what we hear, the MDR can be closed for breakfast and lunch on some days; although this seems to be at the whim of the F and B Manager and possibly only occurs on European cruises. Does anyone have any feedback as to whether these closures occur outside of these short hop cruises?

From what we hear, the MDR can be closed for breakfast and lunch on some days; although this seems to be at the whim of the F and B Manager and possibly only occurs on European cruises. Does anyone have any feedback as to whether these closures occur outside of these short hop cruises?

In the Caribbean there was no Restaurant service for breakfast and lunch.

Restaurant availability may be tied into the cruise duration, or it could be tied into how early the ship/tours get into port (possibly closing for breakfast if there are a lot of early tours with people more likely to opt for room service or something quick from a buffet). Ditto lunch if a lot of people are on tours that don't return until after the restaurant would be closed. Or it could be some combination of factors.

The only thing thats been consistent has been the inconsistency.

Just off 18 day cruise and MDR was open everyday for breakfast and lunch incl both port and sea days. Although I didn't go for breakfast or lunch as it doesn't interest me, it was not too popular which I suspect may be due to the increasing preference for less formal dining, at least during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Hobar

Was open for both B and L on our 10 days Canada New England recently.

Edit to add ... and open every day as we walked through the MDR to go up to the Colonnade. Not many takers for the MDR maybe 10 at the most that I could see.

Edited by ab21au

Just off 18 day cruise and MDR was open everyday for breakfast and lunch incl both port and sea days. Although I didn't go for breakfast or lunch as it doesn't interest me, it was not too popular which I suspect may be due to the increasing preference for less formal dining, at least during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true Hobar! We were there every day when not on full day tour and lunchtimes were usually at least 30 people, sometimes up to 50. The food was excellent and we got to know the people who visited as once they'd been once they became regulars.