'Dummy' bookings?

lincslady

For the first time I thought I would try to find out availability on a particular cruise - having been told there was little. I tried various suite categories, and all of them had availability, but only 2 or 3 suite numbers to choose from.

I would imagine that Seabourn maybe do this on purpose, even though there might be many suites available? I am sure someone will enlighten me. Thanks.

No, the prices came up in sterling. I did click as not a Club member, so as not to identify myself. I am a complete idiot on the computer, so if I can follow the instructions anyone can. Just found the cruise, then suite fares, then continue and so on, obviously clicking 'choose your suite'. Just done it again, looking for a penthouse, and 2 came up. What I would like to know, and I guess those who have done this before would know, is if they are in fact the only 2 suites available in that category, or SB just release couple at a time and see if they get taken?

I have the strong impression that SB actually prefer to get lots of guarantees, and then sort them out a couple of weeks before departure. But obviously pleased if anyone wants to pay more for a chosen suite - which we have normally done.

There is a way to see online what suite numbers are available, however since we can't state travel agencies on CC I can't mention the web site. Try different discount online travel agencies until you come up with one that shows the cabin numbers.

Otherwise, if you have a special preference, contact your TA or Seabourn directly to find out if that suite is available or what other ones are in that general area.

I'm sure they are only showing a few at a time to create a certain urgency to book sooner than later.

Found the way thank you - you press the next button but because ours is sold out I cant look.

Ours is listed as sold out too, can't really believe that as it was still on sale just a couple of weeks ago. Feels more like they've closed the book on that cruise.

Now what I'd like is for them to mail me with an upgrade offer .. that would be awesome.