December Odyssey TA?...

wildcat68

We are considering the Dec. 7 crossing Lisbon to FLL. Does anyone know the approx. temperatures one can expect during the 12 days? Is it significantly cooler than say, November? My thought is that the seas MAY be calmer on average in early Dec. Experience is always welcomed. Thanks

sailed lisbon to St.MArtin on the Spirit, deaprting Dec 7th in 2010. A little choppy on the first day but after that seas pretty smooth. The Little Sisters were somewhat prone to the motion of the ocean; the Odyssey class ships are virtualy motion free, in my experience - you hardly know you are at sea.

It was relatively cool the first few days until Maderia but then warmed up. Sorry I don't recall actual temperatures, but my wife wore a woolly hat and fleece while out on deck. Not exactly cold, but bracing. After that temps were pleasant, like a fresh spring day, though it was cloudy with some showers from time to time. Not really shorts and polo-shirt weather until about three days out from St Martin, when the clouds vanished and the sun blazed down.

Edited by Flamin_June

Thanks for the reply. That is about what I expected with cooler days at first, then, warming. Of course, you can never accurately predict the seas 5 months out. If I hear you correctly, it will not require parkas and survival blankets! I (male) get into serious trouble if I tell her how it will be---and it isn't, So, I don't.

Having done a few crossings I can assure you unless you think 50 F is fridge you will not need a parka. I live in a place where cold weather is welcomed and usually wear shorts during the day on a crossing. If you live in Florida you might want to have a jacket for the evening