Smoking onboard

jakes47

I say as a reformed smoker who likes to smoke a bowl of green stuff every now and then. Lighten up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why would you want to smoke a bowel of spinach? 😁😁

Here's a funny green stuff smoking story for you. I am a teacher and about 15 or so years ago we had a hint from some of the pupils that their peers had gone off to smoke 'grass'. Off we went to find them and there they were rolling up the grass clippings and choking away 😁 if only that type of naïveté existed today.

As a non fun loving :D non smoker!

I cannot begin to count the amount of times on SB and Crystal that we have walked out of bars because of the smoke. Observation being one of them, but we found the atrium piano bar on crystal to be the absolute worst. In reality, having ended up in a bar with no windows to the rear of Serenity too many times, which was smoke free,we wont be going back.

I would not recommend smoking any green stuff on Seabourn. Does anyone remember 'seabourntraveller' and his diatribe about the ? mother and son who did so on one of the small ships, and for that and perhaps other reasons were thrown off before the end of the cruise?

I can't divulge my source ( though I will say it is someone who would know) but I will tell you I received assurances that within six months there will be a policy change. As I said on another thread I am guessing the timing will coincide with the launch of the Encore.

I've just had an email from my sister in law about something she's read on Facebook. I don't know if it's the same page jimmyw refers to.

No details of when this may happen or specifics on the changes to the policy. But people on Quest at the moment are reporting being told of a forthcoming ban on 'smoking inside the ship'.

This is potentially great news, but I'll hold my breath until it's official and we have the details.

Edited by Ravenscroft

I was watching the promo video for Silverseas Muse yesterday and thought of you guys. Specifically look at the video from 3 mins 11 seconds onwards.....

kP4sH6OvUM4

It seems Silverseas are actively promoting cigar smoking on board.

Henry :)

And I just read that John Delaney is moving to Windstar. He was the person who told me 20 months ago that a restriction of smoking was coming in "a few months" (or something like that) when I pressed about smoking in the Observation Bar and on verandas.

Time moves very slowly in the cruise industry.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Interesting that they show that in their promotional video, thanks for posting.

It's their 'Connoisseur's Corner' which is a cigar and cognac lounge. They do sell cigars there. It's specially ventilated to theoretically prevent the smell of smoke on the ship.

Works fine on the one SS ship that I've cruised on, until you happen to walk past the door when someone is opening it.

On their older ships I've heard that it doesn't work as well because of its location and the ventilation system not being so efficient.

I haven't cruised with SS since I discovered SB but I was bothered by smoke more on SS cruises than I ever have been on SB, mainly because people smoked on their balconies ignoring the smoking policy, and smoking was allowed anywhere on the pool deck and the open deck above it. This may have changed recently.

I'm very happy to read that SB may be ready to make a change to its smoking policy, looking forward to knowing more information.

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

But people on Quest at the moment are reporting being told of a forthcoming ban on 'smoking inside the ship'. This is potentially great news, but I'll hold my breath until it's official and we have the details.

It's only half the news we need. Smoking on balconies should be banned as well.

I was watching the promo video for Silverseas Muse yesterday and thought of you guys. Specifically look at the video from 3 mins 11 seconds onwards.....

kP4sH6OvUM4

Able,

Silversea guests may enjoy cigars and liquor whilst relaxing in "The Humidor", a cozy lounge featuring very good air filtration systems, while not troubling other nearby passengers. This was first featured on, I believe, the Whisper and Shadow in the early 2000s.

Bechi

Able,

Silversea guests may enjoy cigars and liquor whilst relaxing in "The Humidor", a cozy lounge featuring very good air filtration systems, while not troubling other nearby passengers. This was first featured on, I believe, the Whisper and Shadow in the early 2000s.

Bechi

Is my post above invisible? :confused:

Same as I explained above. The space is no longer called "The Humidor". It's called "Connoisseur's Corner". As I wrote earlier.:rolleyes:

It's found on the SS regular cruise vessels. I'm not sure about the expedition ships.

Save

Save

regardless of the smoking issue, the video is such a blatant clone of SB promo vids of a few years ago, it is tantamount to plagiarism.....

and not anywhere as good as Henry's...

Edited by Flamin_June
fixed typo

IF the 'new' smoking rules mean just no smoking in the Observation Bar then that would be a good start - I would be very pleasantly surprised if it also includes smoking on balconies, at least for the foreseeable future.

IMO having an indoor room just for cigar and cigarette smokers is a very good idea, and to be encouraged. The only time it might affect other passengers is walking by, mainly if the door was opened. I know they have one on Regent and Silversea ships - if smoking is to be allowed at all, this is the way to go, so long as they are not allowed to smoke on suite balconies and only a very restricted area outdoors.

The news about no smoking in the future, ( particularly the observation Lounge/Bar) across the fleet of Seabourn has been well known amongst many of us seasoned Seabourn customers for some time.

It's just a pity that we have had to wait until a well known Seabourn guest is now no longer a full time resident onboard, before this issue is now being rectified.