Martita

shefinch

I am very sorry to hear that, she was a Seabourn institution. I remember her orange party in Malaga before the Odysessy maiden crossing and all the effort she went to arranging it.

I only met her on a couple of crossings but she always made an impression. Texas will all the poorer for her passing.

I am very sorry to hear that, she was a Seabourn institution. I remember her orange party in Malaga before the Odysessy maiden crossing and all the effort she went to arranging it.

I only met her on a couple of crossings but she always made an impression. Texas will all the poorer for her passing.

I have been reading Martita's posts for several years and enjoyed reading her plans for a party on one of the triplets. If I recall she also traveled with her mother.

I thought something was wrong as she had not posted too much in the last couple of years. Martita sounded like a lot of fun to be around. Our loss for not meeting her may she she rest in peace and condolences to her family.

Just heard the sad news that Martha Henderson has passed away.

This is very sad news. I have enjoyed reading her posts over the years. I will make sure to have some fried onion rings in her honour and think of her on my cruise in July.

Julie

We were fortunate to have sailed with Miss Martha. What a joy! I will never forget her at the sky bar with her clip board signing people up for the helicopter ride "weather permittin". The Captain would come along and ask her how the tour sign up was going. She was a real character and will be missed by many Seabourn cruisers. I wear the Seabourn bracelet she gave me on every cruise I go on. It will now hold a special meaning to me.

RIP Miss Martha.

Martha was a very dear friend and I knew she was ailing but did not know it was that serious

. One one of her visits to us in Tucson we went shopping for all items "pink" for one of her pink parties.She was a hoot and a half. Everything I learned about Seabourn I learned Seabourn's Ambassador from Texas. Sweet dreams Miss Pinkie. Sailor Boy and I pray there is a Seabourn in heaven on which you can endlessly cruise.

I was so very sad to learn about Martha's passing from a post on her Face Book page earlier yesterday.

I reminisced about her throughout the day rereading correspondence from e-mails as well as hand written notes that I have saved all of these years.

Martha loved Seabourn and appreciated several members of Seabourn on land and so many at sea.

It was because of Martha and one other person that we first tried Seabourn in 2005. She had so much wonderful advice. She was always thinking of the crew. On that first voyage she sent me a care package to bring over to Copenhagen to take to the Captain. She then followed up with daily e mails to the vessel that were delivered to our room. This was followed up again a year later when we returned back to the Pride.

Many years ago she was a very active poster on this board. I always thought of her as the Queen of this board as well as the Queen and Ambassador of Seabourn.

Over the years she saw the passing of several people she was close with and hopefully now she will be reunited with all of them.

She was a gem. May Martha Rest In Peace.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

I can truly say........no one enjoyed Seabourn and the very special days of the little sisters more than Martha. She really missed those days the last few years as her condition worsened. She still gave the occasional message and lived vicariously thru others still enjoying. She is now in heaven with the darling Kitty that she loved and missed so much. RIP Martha..Lola

There is a new star in the sky, blowing bubbles of course. Martha was unique, her mission in life to have fun; she not only accomplished that mission, she shared it with everyone she met.

I miss her and her parties and little gifts (especially the one million dollar bills!) Her Sky Bar stool and corner table will never be as full of fun.

Farewell dear Martha; your legions of fans will always remember your mischief! Rest in peace among the angels.

Martha traveled and joined me in Del Rio Texas as I was visiting to see the home of my famous relative. I took her out to dinner and she said " I can't wait to go I'm going to get the biggest steak they have " .:) She was a lot of fun and a sweet person . On my first Seabourn cruise she sent me a message that I was now a member of the "Club". When I was in St. Barts I put her card on a shelf behind the bar at Le Select where she had asked me to place it . Martha was one of a kind and it is another reminder how short life is . Rest in peace my dear friend . I'm sad that I won't be seeing you again.

Assuming that the Seabourn product is meant to deliver enjoyment and lasting memories then they had an impressive partner in Martita. She was always so full of life and that inimitable brand of cowgirl wit and charm on this board. And the proof is that for so many she brought smiles to their faces. I only regret that we never met.

So I am with frantic36 about ordering Martita's onion rings the next time I cruise with Seabourn. Seabourn should seriously consider renaming the dish on its menus accordingly- "Martita's favorite onion rings"!

Happy and healthy sailing!

She was a unique and amazing lady. Happy to have sailed and partied with her, and will remember her fondly. I still have funny slippers she sent us. That, and a lot of good memories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Winnie's post about Martha and cats on my thread reviewing my recent Med cruise brought to mind another wonderful story about this special SB sailor. On one visit she was telling me how she was always surprised how the cats at her ranch knew to come up to the house at the exact right time every night for their supper. So one night she turned to her brother Joe and asked him if he had given the cats watches. Only Martitia's brain would work like that. I do miss the "scaly wags" off beat sense of humor.

On my recent cruise when her she passed away I was so heartened when a couple of the long time senior crew who knew we were friends made a point to come up to me and say how her Seabourn family would miss her. And the love went both ways -- I noticed in her obituary there was a mention of how much sailing on Seabourn meant to her.

Ten years ago she visited with us over the 4th of July so tomorrow night when I watch the fireworks from my back yard I have no doubt the one making the biggest ruckus when it lights up the sky will be her saying "yippie ki-ay."