What would YOU like to see in the new ships?

SKP946

Seabourn keeps touting their new ship designs, but the images I see appear very similar to their current ships

The suites and public areas appear basically the same layout, but with a different color scheme.

I wonder if Seabourn has surveyed past guests and asked their opinion?

We are reasonably happy with the standard suite, however as we don't use the bath, we would prefer to see the space it takes up incorporated into a larger shower and a wider walk in robe.

Perhaps survey past & current guests and ask their opinion; perhaps 2/3 without baths?

I would also like to see a dedicated ventilated room (& bar) for the smokers

What would you change?

All of the detail has been settled for Encore. Nothing is going to change by further discussion. But using the bath space for a bigger shower is a future option that would be more functional. But you would lose the area for hanging clothes for drying!

Providing a dedicated internal space for smoking isn't appealing from a safer perspective and everyone that emerges from the space will stink, affecting others around them anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, secoma4, but the indoor smoking room on Regent Mariner works very well; we walked by it and never smelt a thing. It gives the dedicated smokers somewhere indoor to smoke and does not impact on all the other venues. However, I don't think there will be one on Encore, looking at the plans. The bath/shower thing does not bother us - we only shower, and found the shower on Seabourn adequate in size. I hated the showers on Mariner - a peculiar 'seat' at the back, and you could not reach in to put towels away without getting wet feet!

If only there could be just one outdoor and one indoor area dedicated to smokers, where they could order their drinks, away from everyone else, it would be wonderful. I also think that smokers should have to go to the nearby bar indoors to get their drinks, so as not to impact on staff - though some poor soul has to go in each day to clean and tidy, I suppose.

To SKP946,

I don't seriously think Seabourn will make any concessions on these things now, but I think you are bang on with your suggestions. Both of those improvements would be my top 2 also. As for the "clothes drying space" give us the bath space as a good sized shower and you could fit a large clothes drying space in the shower footprint! Doh! I find it hard to credit that anyone would put clothes drying space before showering.:rolleyes: The facts of worldwide holiday accommodation clearly do not bear that out.

I believe the newest Oceania ship - Sirena - has large showers instead of baths. Not sure if every cabin. Probably not. Agree it would seem prudent to have a proportion of rooms as baths for those who prefer that option. Personally, I hope this will be the way forward in cruise ship design.

A quick search on cruise critic boards, let alone the wider web, would also show frequent complaints about the small sized showers on many lines. I bang my elbows when washing my hair. Relatively simple to check on the web for the average sized shower in luxury hotels compared to these - these are small.

Enclosed smoking areas are effective in my experience also. Most smokers really don't worry sufficiently if they get cancer or give it to others passively, so I find it hard to get too worked up if they smell of smoke.:eek: To non-smokers, they usually do anyway. At least, in an enclosed smoking room

1. whilst they are smoking I will have no interaction with them

2. they are less likely to cause me harm, just nuisance.