New menu

Clamett

Wow, thank you so much for posting the entire menu - so I did not see any Lobster, so first they take away Escargot, now they seem to have taken away the Lobster, looks good but a bit dissapointed

:rolleyes:

Lobster is now listed under the "Celebrate Cravings" section and is available each night for $24.95. The price includes drawn or garlic butter, mashed or baked potato, rice and vegetable of the day. Surf and Turf and Chops Steak are also listed for an additional charge.

Escargots is available every night and is listed under the "Starters" section near the bottom above the Simple and Classic Caesar Salad, which is also available every night.

Edited by Tyler80

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING!

But I am disappointed that my two absolute favorites are no longer there, vidalia onion tart and scallops risotto. And really not practical to make it at home since I am the only one in the family who would eat it.:(

Oh well, I'm sure I will find some other favorite.

Main courses

Steak and Spinach Salad

Seafood Spagehetti

Horseradish Crushed Fillet of Atlantic Salmon

Mojo Marinated Grilled Pork Chop

Slow jRoasted Prime Rib

Soft Shell Tortillas

Thanks for reporting back, I'll look forward what you can others have to say. I'm hoping its new and improved. I mentioned elsewhere I can a good pork Chop on Jewel and might try this one depending on feedback. I usually have the prime rib the first night and on Freedom, Navigator, and Allure found it to be just ok, but thought it was very good on Jewel last April.

I am not going to comment on how the food tasted because that would be too subjective.

I'm going to say boooo! But then say thanks for the post. Most of what people say about anything is subjective. But we can add up the opinions, weigh what we know about the reviewer and our own experiences and store it away. Don't sell your opinion, or others perception of it short. :)

I agree .... and I'll be "testing" as many of the new dishes as I can :) when I sail Sept 16 on FOS .... Long Live Crusin' !!!!!! :D

Thanks much to the OP for the posting, pictures, and info. I for one am very much looking forward to trying the new menu for myself, my wife and I cruise FOS in just under 2 weeks. :D

I also agree with the many folks posting about not jumping to conclusions. What was posted here was the FIRST time the new menu was tried on a ship. I fully expect it will take a few weeks to iron out all the details and execution issues. And honestly, there is a lot of variety on the menu. And you can always order a second or third option.

Food is subjective, the only way to determine if you like it is to try it yourself!

Lobster is now listed under the "Celebrate Cravings" section and is available each night for $24.95. The price includes drawn or garlic butter, mashed or baked potato, rice and vegetable of the day. Surf and Turf and Chops Steak are also listed for an additional charge.

Escargots is available every night and is listed under the "Starters" section near the bottom above the Simple and Classic Caesar Salad, which is also available every night.

The $24.95 lobster has been around on a few ships for a while. This is a Maine lobster, and is not the same as the lobster that has been part of the Fisherman's Plate entree.

The Fisherman's Plate entree is still listed on the new menu, so I don't think anything has changed with regard to lobster.

Will the menu be the same on all the ships, regardless of class?

Being that I have sailed 6 times all in the Caribbean, I don't know the menu for the past 5 years varies around different itineraries as well as class of ship. I did't think it varied at all among classes of ships till I had two items on Jewel that I hadn't had before and the head waiter commented about it being on just a few routes.

Well after reading through the new menus, I can see that my husband is going to love them, and I am going to be hungry. I am allergic to fish with the exception of salmon with cod being my most allergic. I used to have plain grilled salmon at least twice each cruise - now it is done in a manner that I will not like. I also cannot eat cheese or cream sauces so there go a bunch of other stuff. I am glad to see the shrimp cocktail each night so that is a plus. Looks like it will be the alternate menu chicken for me on several nights. :(

Same for me and my DH. I am not allergic to fish, just won't eat anything that swims or lays on the bottom, lol. However, I am sure I can find something every night to eat. If not the deserts sound great to me and I never have enough room for them anyway.

We had eggs benedict on the menu everyday when we were on Adventure 3 weeks ago - and we enjoyed it every day too :D

Me, too! I love Eggs Benedict, and had it almost every morning (mostly in the MDR) on our Bahamian cruise on the Enchantment this past January. Just had to ask for it.

Thanks so much for posting the new menus and the pics! We are in the "never had a complaint, but looking forward to a new experience" crowd. We love food, pretty much, lol. Turns out, two of my favorite items are now on the "always" list!! Escargot is our favorite, and the only thing we were really crossing our fingers they'd keep, and the BBB Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts, so I'm thrilled those are now offered whenever I want them. We may just have a plate of escargot every night. I was thrilled when dh actually agreed to try it (reluctantly) on our first cruise, and he loved it! Ever since then, he's been more adventurous with his willingness to try new offerings. I mean, once you realize that you absolutely love to eat snails in a garlic butter sauce, surely anything else you try has the potential to be delicious, lol. Also, I saw the Pavlova, which I love, is still on the menu.

There is a night or two when the choices don't sound like they'll blow my skirt up, but we wanted to go to Chops anyway, so we'll go one of those nights, and who knows, maybe I'll absolutely love something unexpected the other night. I have always loved the food on RCI, but I think atmosphere and attitude have a lot to do with dining experience, not to mention expectations. If you expect it to be good (not necessarily terrific, but good), and you decide you'll have a good time, and you communicate with your waiter, then you should be satisfied. In my experience, the staff has always accommodated any requests to the best of their ability. DH loves SPICY foods, and they actually found some super spicy concoction that wasn't really for guests (I guess it was used on their own food), and brought it to my hubby a couple of nights to spice up his dishes.

I suppose I could google it.... but what's a Barramundi? :) Is it a fish?

Pan Fried Fillet of Barramundi

There is a few words in there I'll have to look up, but fortunately it will give me something to do for 250 days.

Me, too! I love Eggs Benedict, and had it almost every morning (mostly in the MDR) on our Bahamian cruise on the Enchantment this past January. Just had to ask for it.

Confused about the talk of having to ask for Eggs Benedict. I only had breakfast in the MDR twice but Eggs Benedict was on the menu (and was the best breakfast available all week, both times!) in addition to a few special Benedicts that popped up during the week (I had a Smoked Salmon Benedict one day and I heard about at least one other that I don't remember right now).

Honestly, it would really be the only reason to GO to the MDR for breakfast. I was pretty disappointed that the options there weren't a little more special/different than what was available in WJ but with just 1-2 exceptions it really wasn't.

Confused about the talk of having to ask for Eggs Benedict. I only had breakfast in the MDR twice but Eggs Benedict was on the menu (and was the best breakfast available all week, both times!) in addition to a few special Benedicts that popped up during the week (I had a Smoked Salmon Benedict one day and I heard about at least one other that I don't remember right now).

Honestly, it would really be the only reason to GO to the MDR for breakfast. I was pretty disappointed that the options there weren't a little more special/different than what was available in WJ but with just 1-2 exceptions it really wasn't.

Quite often the special of the day was a special Eggs Benedict. I really liked the Crab Cake Benedict. When Eggs Benedict is not on the menu you just have to ask for it. I agree with you. That's the reason I go to the MDR for breakfast.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We are new cruisers so never experienced the other menus, but I find the listing of the new menus disgusting. Not all of us adore seafood and fish and the thing is overloaded with fish and seafood. They need to chuck this and go back to the other menus, where at least there was stuff to choose from. Who wants to have to eat steak every night because the main entrees are not appetizing looking? I see they have chucked out the salads for the most part too.

We are new cruisers so never experienced the other menus, but I find the listing of the new menus disgusting. Not all of us adore seafood and fish and the thing is overloaded with fish and seafood. They need to chuck this and go back to the other menus, where at least there was stuff to choose from. Who wants to have to eat steak every night because the main entrees are not appetizing looking? I see they have chucked out the salads for the most part too.

Well, as new cruisers don't be too quick to endorse previous menues. There are always alternatives not listed. As a reformed picky eater who doesn't eat sea food, I will never go hungry.

Not sure why "we" think it's OK to be rude to people. It's OK to not know something or not understand and ask a question.

Oh my, I see the PC police are out in force. I wasn't trying to be "rude", I was simply typing a response. Way too many people reading way too much into everything that's typed around here....:confused:

Disgusting menus????? I don't think we're reading the same menus :confused:

Every night there are salads in the appetizers, a main course salad, and Caesar salad "available any day". Each night there are at least 3-4 non-seafood entrees as well as 4 non-seafood entrees "available any day".

Seems like alot of "stuff" to choose from to me :eek:

No menus whether new or old will satisfy everyone, but there always seems to be something on the regular menu or in the "always available" section that should satisfy most passengers. Describing a menu as "disgusting" just because certain items seem to predominate it, seems a bit self-centered. Have you forgotten all the complaints about the old menu which claimed that there was a definite lack of other items to choose from and no one wanted to have to order steak every night? From what little I have read, the new menus contain any number of items besides seafood, fish, or steak, but I will reserve my judgement on the food until I have had the opportunity to judge the selection and quality for myself. You can't eat the menu, so wonderful descriptions and great sounding choices are still only as good as the food you are actually served.:)

Thank you for the menus. That was a big job and everyone should appreciate your efforts.

I think the menu's look fine. I will enjoy new options, although I did not have too many complaints about the old ones. Variety is good for me! Our next cruise is on the Allure and we are looking forward to trying out the specialty restaurants 3 nights. It will be hard to decide which nights we want to eat in the dining room as missing out on the new options will be hard, too.:confused:

It's an Aussie fish, mate. Beautiful barra,, grilled or steamed inside foil with butter. Mmmmm. My college campus restaurant used to do a nice barra and chips.

Thanks Katana Gelder. (guess I could have googled it:rolleyes:). What else is a specialty of Australia that shouldn't be missed? (Going in a couple of months and don't want to miss anything) Don't think I've ever seen that on a menu here in the US.

Thanks for posting the menus. While my first night favorite(VOT) is gone Im sure I will find something to replace it after all Im on a cruise ship and dont have cook or clean:D

These choices look great to me. I love the expanded list of appetizers available every day (especially escargot - I made the "whiners" thread for complaining that they were not available on a recent cruise. Even so, I don't plan on ordering them every day - too many other good choices).

I too have always found something good on the old menu, but some of the new items will add welcome variety. And I think there is an overall improvement in quality.

Add my vote for vadalia onion tart's return, but I won't start a thread about it. In fact, I would trade it for some of the other interesting choices.:)