Location of Oceania in Port of Miami

heliman

We are about to board Oceania Riviera in Miami and was wondering what berth location we can find the ship.

Of course we could ride around until we spot it but need to give the taxi driver clear directions as the port is quite big.

Not sure why Oceania doesn't provide this information (via SMS or email), so hopefully someone can clarify.

Thanks in advance...

"Designed to cater to travelers sailing on Oceania Cruises, Crystal Cruises and Azamara Cruise Lines as well as Regent Seven Seas, Terminal J recently underwent a $3 million facelift. Upgrades include new furniture, additional lounge seating, a complete renovation of restrooms, brand new check-in counters and exotic landscaping in the atrium."

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise-terminals.asp

Just confirmed that the Riviera is at Pier J (its usual spot) on the http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com website.

Don't let the taxi driver "take you for a ride." They know exactly where the ship is and simply play dumb to generate extra money.

We thought we were being taken for a ride in December when the taxi driver didn't go directly to Cruise Terminal J. Little did we know that the Riviera was docked at Terminal B that day.:D

You would never have to "ride around until you see it" since you can spot the ships before you even get to the port entrance. And if you have any doubts, the driver can simply ask at the port entrance. The taxi drivers are quite used to the port and seldom need instructions other then the name of your ship.

Hank

you should see her as you are heading over the bridge ..look on the right side

enjoy

Keep in mind that if they are coming directly from the airport, Fort Lauderdale or other points north that the taxi driver will likely take the new tunnel from I-395 directly into the port as they can bypass downtown entirely. The only issue with the new tunnel is that it deposits you half way down the port. This means that the taxi would have to circle back around to Pier J.

Just confirmed that the Riviera is at Pier J (its usual spot) on the http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com website.

Don't let the taxi driver "take you for a ride." They know exactly where the ship is and simply play dumb to generate extra money.

Plus 1 and another 1!!!

Many many years ago, I once had an Orlando cab driver take us on an unrequested EXTRA long ride from DisneyWorld to our hotel. On his demand at arrival for a "highway robbery" fare, I asked the hotel doorman to call the police (who arrived a few minutes later). I explained the attempted ripoff to the officer. Outcome: free taxi ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

you should see her as you are heading over the bridge ..look on the right side

enjoy

Thanks - it was a very quick hop from the hotel.

Very smooth onboarding process - good to be back on O (after a brief cruise on Crystal last week)

Thanks - it was a very quick hop from the hotel.

Very smooth onboarding process - good to be back on O (after a brief cruise on Crystal last week)

Glad you made it safely - enjoy your cruise.

How did Crystal compare to your prior O experiences?

Glad you made it safely - enjoy your cruise.

How did Crystal compare to your prior O experiences?

Thanks...

It was the first time on Crystal and this is the 7th time on O. Very different experience with Crystal, which for the price, fell short of expectations in food quality, destinations, and most notable, the convoluted process to actually pay and board the ship.

Once onboard, Crystal staff were excellent in both friendliness and professionalism. The onboard offerings like art classes were well attended, and we heard positive feedback from those attending shows and other events. I liked Crystal's relaxed disembarkation process and the organisation of tenders.

We did Tahiti on Marina last year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience - and this has been consistent across all O voyages. So, the verdict is O for us for an all-round good experience...

Edited by heliman

Keep in mind that if they are coming directly from the airport, Fort Lauderdale or other points north that the taxi driver will likely take the new tunnel from I-395 directly into the port as they can bypass downtown entirely. The only issue with the new tunnel is that it deposits you half way down the port. This means that the taxi would have to circle back around to Pier J.

a possibility but hopefully the taxi driver would check with the passenger to where the ship is supposed to be

It usually has been noted on our documents as TERMINAL J

Thanks...

It was the first time on Crystal and this is the 7th time on O. Very different experience with Crystal, which for the price, fell short of expectations in food quality, destinations, and most notable, the convoluted process to actually pay and board the ship.

Once onboard, Crystal staff were excellent in both friendliness and professionalism. The onboard offerings like art classes were well attended, and we heard positive feedback from those attending shows and other events. I liked Crystal's relaxed disembarkation process and the organisation of tenders.

We did Tahiti on Marina last year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience - and this has been consistent across all O voyages. So, the verdict is O for us for an all-round good experience...

Thank you for that feedback :)

We sail on the Riviera on 2/2/17 out of Miami.

The Regetta also sails on 2/2/17 out of Miami.

Any educated guess where these ships will be docked at the Port of Miami.

My guess is Terminal J

You can always call the port Authority in the morning before you head to the port if you are not staying at a hotel with the view of the ports area

JMO

My guess is Terminal J

You can always call the port Authority in the morning before you head to the port if you are not staying at a hotel with the view of the ports area

JMO

Thanks for the info. We live in Florida and will drive to the port on the day of departure.

My only issue is if the ship leaves from one terminal and returns to another; getting to my parked car at a different terminal.

Thanks for the info. We live in Florida and will drive to the port on the day of departure.

My only issue is if the ship leaves from one terminal and returns to another; getting to my parked car at a different terminal.

Yes that could be an issue

it is up to the harbour master where ships will dock

• 2 weeks later...
Yes that could be an issue

it is up to the harbour master where ships will dock

Need some feedback and solution.

Just confirmed with Oceania and Port of Miami berth schedule that on 2/2/17 the Riviera will be at Terminal C. The Regetta will also be at port at Terminal J.

Upon return 10 days later the Riviera will be at Terminal J.

We will park at port and Terminal C and J are approx. one mile apart. Oceania provides no shuttle. Do you think a cab on Sunday would drive one mile to the other garage ? I am sure I am not the only person parking at port.

Any suggestions other than walking. Thanks