Miami to Papeete Dec '17

rafaelc

looking for input regarding excursions in mexico. never been on the gulf side.

There should be a roll call for your cruise and a Ports Of Call message board on CC for the area that you want to find about. The ports of call boards are from all cruise ships and are very helpful with more info. than just O passengers can give you. They are for the whole world. Hope you find what you need. :):):)

There should be a roll call for your cruise and a Ports Of Call message board on CC for the area that you want to find about. The ports of call boards are from all cruise ships and are very helpful with more info. than just O passengers can give you. They are for the whole world. Hope you find what you need. :):):)

Very helpful, thanks. Cozumel and Costa Maya are the points of interest.

From my experience, Costa Maya, a cruise-line-built port is a 'captcha port' with many shops and bars you find everywhere, but with a huge lovely looking pool. It's not my thing but may be yours. As an alternative, we took a cab down the coast to a small town with a 'local' feel and a great beach. For the cost of two beers, we were given two loungers and an umbrella - couldn't beat the cost of about $4! Mind you, this was about four years ago and things might have changed by now. Even the taxi was cheap, about $8-$10 each way.

Donna

We were in Cozumel on the 2015 Lima-NYC cruise and loved the private food tour. It was well recommended at Trip Advisor but I think there may have been a change in management since we were there. Still, if you like trying the local foods of an area, this was a great tour.

See http://www.cozumelchef.com/services/foodtourscozumel/ and by all means check them out at Trip Advisor.

Write to me privately and I could send you some photos of some of our stops.

Mura