OBC Carry-over

GeorgesGal

I thought I new the answer to this would be NO, but on reading another thread, I'm now confused.

We have b2b, separate booking numbers cruises coming up starting April 10, the first with serious obc attached, as well as prepaid grats; the second with not quite so serious obc, but quite generouos, although no prepaid grats.

Has anyone in this situation ever had O carry over obc's from one leg to another where there are separate booking numbers?

Thanks for your responses.

I thought I new the answer to this would be NO' date=' but on reading another thread, I'm now confused.

We have b2b, separate booking numbers cruises coming up starting April 10, the first with serious obc attached, as well as prepaid grats; the second with not quite so serious obc, but quite generouos, although no prepaid grats.

Has anyone in this situation ever had O carry over obc's from one leg to another where there are separate booking numbers?

Thanks for your responses.[/quote']

Refundable carries over, non refundable is use it or lose it.

Refundable carries over, non refundable is use it or lose it.

Thank you, J&S, this is what I had always believed. But then comes the next response about them being carried forward. I'll check to see if there were separate booking numbers as we have or all one booking.

Donna

Thanks to you as well, Redshine. Were your b2b2b all on one booking number or were they separate? Ours are separate numbers booked a couple of months apart. I hate buying something just to spend all the obc from O or leaving dollars on the table so to speak!

Please let me know.

Donna

Edited by George'sGal
added text

Thank you' date=' J&S, this is what I had always believed. But then comes the next response about them being carried forward. I'll check to see if there were separate booking numbers as we have or all one booking.

Donna[/quote']

When you "check" be sure to know WHERE your OBC originates.

What I mean by that is that if somebody, somewhere gave Oceania money in order to obtain the Credit, it is more dureable than OBC that is purely promotional.

I thought I new the answer to this would be NO' date=' but on reading another thread, I'm now confused.

Thanks for your responses.[/quote']

Our experience

Yes last April we had a B2B same ship & the OBC was carried over

they will not bill you anything you spend over until the last night of the last segment

If you have non Ref or refundable OBC left by the last night they send a letter to your cabin in the afternoon to tell you how much you have left to spend

We had 2 booking numbers for B2B other wise it would be listed as a GV

Most of our OBC was from O Loyalty or O life on both segments & had no problem carrying it over

Edited by LHT28

Re checking once you are on board if OBC is refundable or not, on our past few cruises the cards we receive upon boarding -- which specify the various benefits -- ALL indicated whether the OBC was refundable or not ...

Mura

We had separate booking numbers for each of our cruises. The money that was transferred from one Cruise to the next was all O'life money,we also had refundable money which we did Cash in at the end of each leg.

I was surprised that we couldn't access our shipboard account statement on our TV, as is common on other cruise lines.

You can, however, ask for a copy of your current statement at the Customer Relations desk at any time during the cruise. Your OBC will be specified as refundable or not.

Redshine and LHT for your personal experience with carry-over OBC. :D This makes me quite happy.

I WILL check with O to make sure this is still their procedure, and then DOUBLE CHECK once on board the beautiful Marina on 4-10!

Donna