La Reserve on Marina questions.

Pet

Headed there tonight. Oddly enough all menus on the ship for the last two days have been pulled out of the holders, and each diner gets just a sheet, they throw them away after each use.

There seems to be an overabundance of caution, no salt & pepper on table, but the pool and hot tubs are open. I checked yesterday and the laundry is open. I'm going to check again today.

Lots of sanitizing. I want to believe they are just being careful due to the part of the world we're in and are going to Miami after being out of the country for quite a while. They have been spraying sanitizer on our hands as we reenter the ship. Not the gel stuff but spray out of bottle. All stateroom door handles have been been wiped down for 2 or 3 days now.

Most workers are fairly closed mouth when asked about it.

Headed there tonight. Oddly enough all menus on the ship for the last two days have been pulled out of the holders, and each diner gets just a sheet, they throw them away after each use.

There seems to be an overabundance of caution, no salt & pepper on table, but the pool and hot tubs are open. I checked yesterday and the laundry is open. I'm going to check again today.

Lots of sanitizing. I want to believe they are just being careful due to the part of the world we're in and are going to Miami after being out of the country for quite a while. They have been spraying sanitizer on our hands as we reenter the ship. Not the gel stuff but spray out of bottle. All stateroom door handles have been been wiped down for 2 or 3 days now.

Most workers are fairly closed mouth when asked about it.

Apolgies for hijacking this thread further but what part of the world are you in and on which ship, ORV? If the situation escalates you might want to consider a new thread though I'd be hesitant to post unless it is a known.

Apolgies for hijacking this thread further but what part of the world are you in and on which ship, ORV? If the situation escalates you might want to consider a new thread though I'd be hesitant to post unless it is a known.

Not Orv but pretty sure he is on the Marina Jan 5-22 cruise Incas to the Andes. He started that Roll Call

If S.A. maybe something from Peru seems there is some parasite people can get there & it is same symptoms as Noro

someone posted about this bug last year

A friend did a land trip to Peru & was sick there & then when she returned

Not sure why ORV post on this thread but agree is should be a new thread

is the restaurant like this on the riviera ship pretty much the same?

ive never been to either and have only been on the nautica 5 years ago, but my mom and i are thinking of using our shipboard credit to dine here on our cruise next year.

Edited by bethsanfrancisco

OBC, on board credit, can only be used "on board". If you read my earlier post, the La Reserve dinners often sell out well before sailing. Sometimes they will advertise for additional nights, once onboard, and if they get the minimum number, they will do additional nights. Depending on your cruise, there are no guarantees that additional nights/dinners will be offered.

My recommendation is to look at the menus offered, on your cruise, and pick the one that most interests you: food, wine, and price wise and book it, in advance, to ensure you get the Menu and Price you prefer. Doing so, however, will mean you cannot use OBC for the reservation.

You will be pre-billed the entire amount to your credit card when you make the reservation. The aboard ship, IF you have the Drinks Package, you will be credited 20% of the dinner cost, back to your OBC.

ahhh, thank you!

(you also answered my next question..... what does OBC mean)

the reason we were going to do it is to use our OBC.

The problem with that is by the time you get on board to use your credit..the evenings will most likely be sold out..

Jancruz1