Marina Owner's Suite perks

DocMD196

Greetings from the Bayou State of Louisiana!

I'm sailing on Oceania for the first time very soon, and I'm staying in an Owner's Suite.

The web site lists 'Complimentary garment pressing upon embarkation'--with 'restrictions'.

I called Oceania, and the person I spoke with didn't know what the restrictions were. Can anyone tell me what sort of restrictions for the embarkation garment pressing as well as the complimentary laundry might include?

Really looking forward to testing the waters with Oceania,

Doc

Greetings from the Bayou State of Louisiana!

I'm sailing on Oceania for the first time very soon, and I'm staying in an Owner's Suite.

The web site lists 'Complimentary garment pressing upon embarkation'--with 'restrictions'.

I called Oceania, and the person I spoke with didn't know what the restrictions were. Can anyone tell me what sort of restrictions for the embarkation garment pressing as well as the complimentary laundry might include?

Really looking forward to testing the waters with Oceania,

Doc

What you're asking is tough to quantify because the Butler handles the pressing requests, and they try not to say no, particularly in the big Suites.

There will be slips in your welcome packet for six or eight items, but in reality they won't charge for pressing any reasonable amount of clothing.

- don't go the "This entire valise" route... :eek:

Complimentary Laundry is another matter entirely. Soiled items are collected several times daily, and reappear as if by magic-

We travel with these pop up hampers, so we do our own sorting:

1555712329920p?$478$

https://www.amazon.com/Mesh-Pop-Up-Laundry-Hamper-Navy/dp/B00HZ0IOJ2/ref=sr_1_5?s=storageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1484159348&sr=1-5&keywords=hamper

We had a PH suite and when we met our butler for the first time,he told us if we gave him anything that day (embarkation day) it would be 24hrs before it was returned.But my husband had a very creased jacket after a long journey and he needed it 7 hours later.The butler whisked it away and had it pressed ready for our evening meal.

Complimentary Laundry is another matter entirely. Soiled items are collected several times daily, and reappear as if by magic-

We travel with these pop up hampers, so we do our own sorting:

1555712329920p?$478$

https://www.amazon.com/Mesh-Pop-Up-Laundry-Hamper-Navy/dp/B00HZ0IOJ2/ref=sr_1_5?s=storageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1484159348&sr=1-5&keywords=hamper

Is this new, because every time we've cruised in the Owners Suite Laundry was always a cost.

Is this new, because every time we've cruised in the Owners Suite Laundry was always a cost.

+1

Admittedly everyone's experience is their own. We are about to embark on our 12th Marina/Riviera owners suite cruise. As with ronrick1943's post, laundry service, as distinct from pressing, has always been at a charge for us. Normally there are four complementary pressing vouchers in the room on arrival. At times there have been many more. Laundry bags and price lists are provided in each closet.

As Oceania marketing enticements are constantly changing it's difficult to know all offers for all rooms at all times. Free laundry has been on offer for multiple room classes on certain extended voyages so that may apply in certain cases.

John

All that I can tell you about that-

Is that sometimes one regrets burning their bridges-

If your talking about me finding a new TA, I have no regrets at all. Why should I? I now get the perks I was missing. So what are you talking about.

Rick

If your talking about me finding a new TA, I have no regrets at all. Why should I? I now get the perks I was missing. So what are you talking about.

Rick

Um.....Apparently you are still not getting at least one-

Or you would not have asked...

As the saying goes, you're probably happier not knowing what you are missing-

Many years of happiness with that new Agent! :D

Um.....Apparently you are still not getting at least one-

Or you would not have asked...

As the saying goes, you're probably happier not knowing what you are missing-

Many years of happiness with that new Agent! :D

Thanks, but I guess not getting that perk when stay 8 times in an Owners Suite means someone didn't do their for the client. I am happy and with what I get back I can pay for Laundry and have a lot more to do with what I want. You asked!

Rick

Thanks, but I guess not getting that perk when stay 8 times in an Owners Suite means someone didn't do their for the client. I am happy and with what I get back I can pay for Laundry and have a lot more to do with what I want. You asked!

Rick

Sorry, meant to say do their job for the client. And really what I'm getting now in service and perks-I wouldn't go back.

Rick

Thanks for the replies!

Has anyone had experience utilizing the LuggageFree program that I read about in the Oceania cruise documents? Luggage sent TO the ship and luggage shipped FROM the ship home?

We have, and I'd use it again if Oceania was paying for it, but not if I was.

Superb, effortless service, but very expensive...