Upgrading the beverage package BEFORE embarkation

Sabbycat

Hi All,

I searched on the boards for the answer to this question, but did not find the answer. It may be eluded to, but I wanted to ask it outright....

Can you upgrade your beverage package before embarkation, either online or by calling Oceania?

Thanks,

I believe the answer is... it depends.

If you bought it on-line then you can upgrade on on-line as CruisingIgo advised..

However if you have the Select package through the O-life promotion then you must wait until onboard to upgrade, unfortunately. You make the purchase at Reception where they issue new cards.

The benefit of buying on-board is that you can use OBC if you have some and also might prefer to wait until day 2 if arrived tired and don't envision a big first night.

There has also been discussion that if you sail out of Miami, bar purchases incur a 7%(?) tax for the 2 hours after cast-off but unclear to me if the packages are subject to that as well.

Personally I'd prefer to have the option to make the purchase ahead and not bother with Reception after boarding.

Edited by YoHoHo

My opinion may well not count since we never have been tempted by the package (!) but if we DID take it, we would upgrade on board.

We would not feel the need for paying the additional cost at least on Day 1 ... it would be cheaper for us just to pay as we go on at least that day. And it also depends on the itinerary. For a port intensive cruise, you might find it's not worth the extra cost. If you're doing a TA from Miami (or some other U.S.) port, where you have a number of sea days to begin with, that could be different.

And of course if you have a lot of OBC, you might well want to pay the surcharge on board.

Once you upgrade, you pay for each day ... maybe you won't want to use the package for the first few days. (Again, this depends on itinerary.)

Most of my comments are based on what previous posters have opined!

For us, the package isn't worth it. For many others it is.

Mura

We have a lot of sea days as it is a transatlantic! We figure even if we have one pre-dinner and one post, with Oceania beverage prices that will cover our cost. Not to mention a beer upon our return from an excursion at the sunset bar while we sail away - watching the port fade into the distance while overlooking the aft of the ship. I can think of no better view than the wake of a cruise ship with nothing but blue sea and sky as far as the eye can see. 😍

So excited to be finally cruising again! Withdrawal sucks!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

Online or call will work. Online.....log into "My Account"....."Manage Booking"....select "Other Options" tab.....click on "Beverage Options"

I do not see a way to purchase the package online following your instructions but maybe we have to be closer to sailing to see the option to buy the beverage package :confused:

I believe the answer is... it depends.

If you bought it on-line then you can upgrade on on-line as CruisingIgo advised..

However if you have the Select package through the O-life promotion then you must wait until onboard to upgrade, unfortunately. You make the purchase at Reception where they issue new cards.

The benefit of buying on-board is that you can use OBC if you have some and also might prefer to wait until day 2 if arrived tired and don't envision a big first night.

There has also been discussion that if you sail out of Miami, bar purchases incur a 7%(?) tax for the 2 hours after cast-off but unclear to me if the packages are subject to that as well.

Personally I'd prefer to have the option to make the purchase ahead and not bother with Reception after boarding.

If you have the beverage package you are exempt from the tax

Sent from my GT-P7500R using Forums mobile app