Mahogany Bay

basser

Where is the best snorkeling at Mahogony Bay?

Tabyana Beach. The coral reef is just 30 or so yards from the shore. They even have guides in kayaks that will tow you to the other side of the reef and back for a fee. Just Search for Tabyana Beach on YouTube to see what it's like.

I need to be more specific. Where is the best snorkeling at the Carnivai beach at Mahogony bay.

The only area is beyond the pier towards the left of the beach as you face the water. Otherwise the bottom is slimy crushed limestone and bare of coral.

If you want good snorkeling, you will not be staying at Mahogany Bay. This island has some of the best snorkeling that you will find anywhere in this region of the planet, but you must get away from Mahogany Bay to see it. Mahogany Bay is a manmade beach, so it's slim pickings. Get away from it, and you will be able to see a spectacular, beautiful island, and you will get to experience some real, amazing snorkeling. Any of the beaches out at the west end of the island will be great. We used Victor Bodden tours; had our own driver for the day, and we decided what we wanted to do and what we wanted to leave out. We added in a glass bottom boat snorkeling tour, and it was just the 3 of us that were taken out. Best snorkeling I've seen anywhere! And the off-the-beach snorkeling at the west end is the best off-the-beach snorkeling I've seen anywhere! This island is begging to be explored. The lure of the lazy beach day right next to the ship causes many people to miss out.

Thanks. I was planning on just staying there, but it looks like I may have to change plans.

If this works.. a pic of the Mahogany Bay Beach.. see the pier at the far end, as others have said there are a few critters to see out there.

Now then, if you wish to see reef life as others have said Tabyana is your best bet. Tabyana is a day pass resort on West Bay Beach.

is of the area step from your lounger at Tabyana.

If this works.. a pic of the Mahogany Bay Beach.. see the pier at the far end, as others have said there are a few critters to see out there.

Now then, if you wish to see reef life as others have said Tabyana is your best bet. Tabyana is a day pass resort on West Bay Beach.

is of the area step from your lounger at Tabyana.

Great video! I've got my snorkeling equipment packed and ready for our cruise :D

Thanks! Nice picture of the Mahogany Bay Beach.

We've always found it to be clean and the water clear.

Works well for a "beach day". :)

Still, when we have wanted to snorkel, we have taken a catamaran out to the reef.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

How far is the reef from the beach at Tabyana?

Here's an areal view of West Bay. Tabyana Beach is located between the two arrows. You can see that the actual reef is just yards from the beach. There are guides in kayaks that will tow you out to the far side of the reef for tips. people have said that swimming over the "Deep Blue" can give you a "Nemo" moment...

Tabyana%20Beach_zps0a2adn63.jpg

Edited by Raxter54