Quality Inn FLL airport

booze brothers

Like so many, we were having trouble finding a hotel for March 6, 2016.

Opinions please.....Price $119. + including free shuttle from airport and then to cruise port(military rate)

Just need to know how safe the area is. We don't get into FLL till 5:30pm. Reservation is refundable

thank you..

Like so many, we were having trouble finding a hotel for March 6, 2016.

Opinions please.....Price $119. + including free shuttle from airport and then to cruise port(military rate)

Just need to know how safe the area is. We don't get into FLL till 5:30pm. Reservation is refundable

thank you..

Is this the one on Sterling Road? The area is fine, lots of newish chain motels.

That rate is insanely cheap for that time of year.

Edited by BlueHerons

I've noticed that since the new Comfort Suites opened up on the west side of I-95 and Striling Road the Quality Inn on the east side has been substantially lower priced that the other Oakwood Plaza area hotels. You would think that these Choice corporate cousins would conspire to keep rates up, not down.

Given that hotel is probably the oldest on that corner, and the rooms open to the outside without an indoor corridor, it's not surprising it's rate is lower. The OP is also looking for a Sunday night it seems, and in looking at their site, it's quite a bit higher priced for Friday or Saturday.

I don't feel unsafe in that immediate vicinity, but I wouldn't go strolling around in the middle of the night either. Further away from the hotel and plaza area, I have heard isn't the greatest area though.

Edited by DanJ

We stayed there last year and it was fine. Nothing fancy, but we were pleased. It is close to a strip mall and a few fast food chains which are all within walking distance. The free shuttle to the port was a bonus and was very well organized.

Thanks Dan. Nope, no strolling around late at night, for us, lol

Anyone have any suggestions for March 6, Just can't see paying over $300 . for one night since we don't get to FLL till 5:30 pm

That late in the day, you are fine. If you had a couple nights, you might want to be a little more "touristy", but for basically a place that has dinner spots close by and a room for the night. I think this hotel was renovated in the not too distant past (although not sure to what extent).