Costa Dining Arrangements for 2016

heathstockton4

We are on our first ever Costa cruise (Deliziosa ex Venice 10th April) and wondering if anyone can update on the dining arrangements as i have read it may be changing for the 2016 European itineraries ?

We have our early sitting booked for dinner but have 2 teenagers with us and sometimes they prefer a buffet and read this my be re-introduced for 2016 as an alternative to "a la carte" and is there an option for food later in the evening (eg midnight snacks)

Breakfast - any idea on breakfast times and where the hot food is served ?

Thanks

Just got off the Transatlantic. Ship was on Euros, I assume everything else was too. There were 600 English speaking, a large number (next cruise 140 expected) but most using the buffet were non-English-speaking.

Breakfast buffet hours vary slightly depending on port, about 07.00-10.00. Hot food (standard choices) on at least one station. I'm finding I don't mind the lighter, "traditional Italian". Lots of healthy choices if you look.

Evening buffet 19.00-21.00, choice about like lunch. I haven't done MDR for a long time, by the third day of a cruise I'm down to soup&salad, 2+ hours is far too long. Any dining companions, if we have anything in common I'll meet them in the Grand Bar anyway.

Not much later, I consider that by far the weakest part of Costa's service. Room service I don't like on any ship, and Costa's isn't very good. Pay pizzeria til midnite, 4 euros PP, I consider that outrageous for food and service you've already paid for, although by European standards it's good pizza.

Edited by Dancer Bob