Costa Cruise-Deliziosa

Dakotaredleaf

We recently took the 22 day re-positioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. to Italy. This was the most terrible cruise ever. : Food was of very poor quality. Lots of fat and grissel in the meat. Fish heads in the soup, Even the spaghetti often had fish in it. The upper buffet closed down by 7 PM. Only food available was a Pizza you could buy. Our first formal night, many of the guests left the dining hall to go up to the buffet. Food was that bad!

In addition, the was an outbreak of some type of virus that affected over a third of the passengers and many of the crew. My husband had to go to the Med. Center on board. There were long lines waiting for care. He wound up on IVs and antiobiotics. The passengers dubbed it the Costa Crud !

The ship would not acknowledge that there was a viral outbreak. When I asked if they checked with the Medical Center, they told me that not was not their responsibility to check with the Med. Center.

We found many of the waiters were rude and uncaring. If you didn't speak Italian, you were SOL. All TV stations were in Italian, except for the BBC channel which had sporadic service.

If you want to take a re-positioning cruise and are from America, then do not take this cruise. Look for an English friendly cruise line.

Hello,

We are French and recently we made a cruise on Costa Deliziosa.

The buffets are only for people eating hamburgers, pizzas, and pasta§

In the restaurant Albatros we always found good and well prepared meals,

with a large choice. Waiters are very kind and they have understood my bad English. You were not on an English ship! When I visit England I appreciate fish & chips, when I visit India I appreciate Tandoori chicken. If you don't, stay at home!...

Please pardon my bad English. No hard feelings.