I am new to HAL

SteelCruisin

We have booked the N.A. for Thanksgiving week, and are excited to see what HAL has to offer, have been reading up the 4 dummies guide as well as doing my other research, one thing I cant seem to find an answer about has to do with the cabanas.... I was able to snag a retreat cabana today, was hoping for a family one but they were sold out, due you tip your cabana attendants or is the gratuity included? Any other help will be appreciated.

i would guess tip is included but your can tip extra if you want. We love HAL and have very little negative to say about the ships i've been on Be flexible, excited and open to what ever this trip brings.

No, tips for the cabana attendants are not included in the Hotel Service Charge, as the cabana stewards are bar employees. Those employees that are covered by the Hotel Service Charge are the cabin stewards, waiters and assistant waiters, and other related food service staff, like in the Lido. Bar stewards are on a different contract from the people covered by the Hotel Service Charge.

You are not required to tip them, but I think you will find they earn their tips, very clearly.

We tip ours. As Bruce said, they earn it. I can honestly say that we receive more service from our cabana guys than we do from anyone else. (Not that anyone else is slacking.) It's entirely up to you, so decide if you think their services are worth it.

8296ad88786dd018cde79a90619ede73.jpg