Largest Veranda cabins on Zuiderdam? Non aft facing

TomBeckCruise

Are there veranda cabins that have more footage than others? Not including aft facing or accessible.

Are the VB Veranda cabins on deck 10 noisey? Do they have privacy issues?

Finally, is there a spreadsheet with details about cabins on HAL ships on this website?

Are there veranda cabins that have more footage than others? Not including aft facing or accessible.

Are the VB Veranda cabins on deck 10 noisey? Do they have privacy issues?

Finally, is there a spreadsheet with details about cabins on HAL ships on this website?

The new balconies on the Zuiderdam's deck 10 were added during the dry-dock a year ago. These new veranda cabins are nicknamed "Juliet Balconies" because they are so small that all you can do is stand out there at the railing. There is very little space between the glass door and the railing. Do NOT book one of these cabins if you want a decent sized balcony. The aft balconies are the biggest unless you want to step up to a suite. Also, steer away from the VA grade veranda cabins on deck 5 mid-ships. Because of the lifeboats, the deck width is reduced at that part of the ship and so is are the balconies. Also, you have the additional enjoyment of looking at the tops of the huge orange lifeboats hanging just below your balcony. The best site I have seen for cabin dimensions and actual pictures of the cabins is cruise deck plans dot com.

HALfacts is the website with tons of info.

The largest balcony cabins are probably 4051, 4052, 4131, 4131. If you look at the deck plans for Zuiderdam, you can see why.

The problem is you can't move the beds together to be a queen size.

4164 and 4166 balconies are that size but the cabin itself is not any larger. On a Vista-class, I am a fan of VA6080 and VA6089 because of location midships. The same with VA8064 and VA8069 but they have a storeroom and the Terrace Grill respectfully overhead.

The new balconies on the Zuiderdam's deck 10 were added during the dry-dock a year ago. These new veranda cabins are nicknamed "Juliet Balconies" because they are so small that all you can do is stand out there at the railing. There is very little space between the glass door and the railing. Do NOT book one of these cabins if you want a decent sized balcony. The aft balconies are the biggest unless you want to step up to a suite. Also, steer away from the VA grade veranda cabins on deck 5 mid-ships. Because of the lifeboats, the deck width is reduced at that part of the ship and so is are the balconies. Also, you have the additional enjoyment of looking at the tops of the huge orange lifeboats hanging just below your balcony. The best site I have seen for cabin dimensions and actual pictures of the cabins is cruise deck plans dot com.

Thanks, good site.

The inability to make a queen bed keeps me from booking deck 4 cabin.

HALfacts is the website with tons of info.

The largest balcony cabins are probably 4051, 4052, 4131, 4131. If you look at the deck plans for Zuiderdam, you can see why.

The problem is you can't move the beds together to be a queen size.

Yep, gotta have that queen size bed. DW needs to be able to elbow me in the back when I wake her up with my snoring.:o