Earliest time to book Flight home?

CanuckinSMA

We will be arriving in Vancouver after our cruise on September 2. Website says we get in at 7am. Any recommendations on the earliest time we can safely book a flight home right after the cruise? Of course have to take into consideration disembarking, transport to airport...We;re travelling within Canada so probably need at least an hour before flight leaves to check in. Is noon too early? We don't want to take any chances on missing our flight!! Thanks.

US flights are 3hours at the airport.... Domestic flights are 2 hours. So you can book a flight at 11am.

• 7am ship docks
  • 7:30am first walk offs
  • 8:15am grab cab
  • 9am arrive at airport for your 2 hours of check-in and security searches (luggage, carry-on's, electronics, liquids, WMD's, ULU's, NFL's, hand, body, cavity and your random complimentary personalized secondary experience).
  • 11am wheels up with your dreams on returning because you didn't have enough time at your bonus port in Vancouver.

US flights are 3hours at the airport.... Domestic flights are 2 hours. So you can book a flight at 11am.

• 7am ship docks
  • 9am arrive at airport for your 2 hours of check-in and security searches (luggage, carry-on's, electronics, liquids, WMD's, ULU's, NFL's, hand, body, cavity and your random complimentary personalized secondary experience).
  • 11am wheels up with your dreams on returning because you didn't have enough time at your bonus port in Vancouver.

I wouldn't book a flight that early. It's possible to do that, but it doesn't have enough "what if" time for my comfort.

• 7am ship docks

The OP said he is travelling (flying ) within Canada! Why are you giving him info about US flights?:confused: ..

To clarify.... what aspect of my response is for US flights? The only difference should be arrival time at the airport before your flight.

• 2 hours for domestic flights (11am)
  • 3 hours for international (noon departure).

I would do expedited disembarkation. The last time I disembarked in Vancouver it took almost an hour and a half to get through the queue for a taxi. Luckily, I was staying at the airport hotel (not getting on a plane) because I did not arrive until about 12:30 pm.

We will be arriving in Vancouver after our cruise on September 2. Website says we get in at 7am. Any recommendations on the earliest time we can safely book a flight home right after the cruise? Of course have to take into consideration disembarking, transport to airport...We;re travelling within Canada so probably need at least an hour before flight leaves to check in. Is noon too early? We don't want to take any chances on missing our flight!! Thanks.

IF you can self-disembark, managing all your own luggage, you should be fine with a noon flight. When you are one of the earliest off the ship, the line-ups for Customs and for cabs are much shorter. I've done it a few times, and never had to wait more than a few minutes for a cab. BUT that is with self-disembarking.

What time is the next possible flight?