Flight Ease Concerns

endless travel

We booked flights through the Flight Ease program for our Alaska Land & Sea Journey. We are now about 45 days from departure. When I sign in to the Flight Ease system it still says "unticketed". The airline confirmation codes do show us confirmed with seat assignments. Anyone have experience with this?

I was told that they don't issue the tickets until "about" 45 days out. Yours should show up as ticketed in the next couple of days. Hopefully, mine will this week as well.

If yours don't show as ticketed in the next couple of days, contact your TA or HAL.

I recently paid final early (October for a March cruise) and found a few weeks later that my return flights were confirmed and ticketed, but not the outbound ones. When we called about it, the HAL agent in the flight department indicated something didn't happen that should have, and yes, I was unticketed for the outbound flights. He was able to fix it in a few minutes.

I called on day 45 and they ticketed my flight right then. If you aren't ticketed you can not upgrade your seat on Delta. I then went to the Delta website and bought the Comfort Seats as the seats Flight Ease had gotten us were terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I contacted my PCC today and our flights were ticketed this afternoon. Holland seems to be a little slow getting things done right now.

Thank you for letting us know. I may have to do the same if mine aren't ticketed soon.

I contacted my PCC today and our flights were ticketed this afternoon. Holland seems to be a little slow getting things done right now.

I finally got mine ticketed. Now, I can play with seating arrangements.

We leave in 25 days and our flights still say unticketed. The top shows an error code saying the flights are being rearranged. Then is has two different flight numbers with different times. Leaving is not a problem because we are flying in a day early. But departing the original flight was at 6:40 pm. Plenty of time to get to the airport, it now shows 10:25am, not so great as we arrive in Seattle at 7am if everything goes correctly. Since they control the tickets will they make sure we can get to the airport? I did purchase the transfer. This is my first time flying to a port so I do not know how any of this works. Also the documents for this line are much different than Carnival.

Edited by beef8066
Added reason for posting.

We leave in 25 days and our flights still say unticketed. The top shows an error code saying the flights are being rearranged. Then is has two different flight numbers with different times. Leaving is not a problem because we are flying in a day early. But departing the original flight was at 6:40 pm. Plenty of time to get to the airport, it now shows 10:25am, not so great as we arrive in Seattle at 7am if everything goes correctly. Since they control the tickets will they make sure we can get to the airport? I did purchase the transfer. This is my first time flying to a port so I do not know how any of this works. Also the documents for this line are much different than Carnival.

Mine said the same thing at one point. I had my PCC fix the part about the flights being changed and then I had her push them to get the flights ticketed. The error thing is wrong and needs correction.

Did you book through a TA or directly? If through a TA, have them call Flight Ease immediately and get this taken care of. If you booked directly, you call. They will get it straightened out right away for you.

As for flight times, I don't think HAL would book flights that you couldn't make. 10:25 does seem a bit early, though. Again, I would invest in a phone call as soon as you can to get that question answered.

Thank you for the advice. I did book through a TA this time because I did not know what I was doing, as far as the flights and cruise. I will call today.

Good! Being as close as you are to flight dates, you want this fixed. You also want to be able to adjust seating, if necessary. I did upgrade to premium economy for the long haul flights of 9-10 hours. I'm too tall to be cramped for that long.

I am glad I called. We were not ticketed. The TA said it looked like we had tickets on his end, but we did not. Now I have a concern on the 1st leg it shows no actual seats just ticketed. The return leg we have seat numbers. We are flying in a day ahead but I would rather be on that flight. Silly question since what has been in the news but do they sell tickets with no seats? Also what would we do just sit in the airport for a different flight? I drive to ports normally. This flying thing is very different. :confused:

I am glad I called. We were not ticketed. The TA said it looked like we had tickets on his end, but we did not. Now I have a concern on the 1st leg it shows no actual seats just ticketed. The return leg we have seat numbers. We are flying in a day ahead but I would rather be on that flight. Silly question since what has been in the news but do they sell tickets with no seats? Also what would we do just sit in the airport for a different flight? I drive to ports normally. This flying thing is very different. :confused:

First, I am glad you called and got this taken care of before you went to the airport. If you hadn't, you stood a chance of not getting on the flight when you showed up. I mentioned to my PCC that I wasn't the only person having a problem with flights through HAL and she said she would pass that on to the flights department in the hopes they would take a better look at what they were doing.

Do you have a confirmation number or locator number for the flights? If so, you can go to the airline website, access your flights and choose seats. Or, have your TA do it with instructions on what you want.

I wouldn't want to wait till I got to the airport as you may end up split up and with the dreaded middle seat.

First, I am glad you called and got this taken care of before you went to the airport. If you hadn't, you stood a chance of not getting on the flight when you showed up. I mentioned to my PCC that I wasn't the only person having a problem with flights through HAL and she said she would pass that on to the flights department in the hopes they would take a better look at what they were doing.

Do you have a confirmation number or locator number for the flights? If so, you can go to the airline website, access your flights and choose seats. Or, have your TA do it with instructions on what you want.

I wouldn't want to wait till I got to the airport as you may end up split up and with the dreaded middle seat.

If that doesn't work, call the folks back at Flight Ease and ask them to get your seats.

That was how I got mine fixed.

I would have freaked out if a got to the airport and not had tickets. Thank you for the advice. I did check Alaska air and the site states "seats for this flight are under airport control and only available during check in or see an airport customer service rep." I am thinking by now we will be lucky to have a seat at all. I am going to try to check in exactly 24 hours before maybe that will help. I know on Southwest my BIL will check in at 12:01am to get the best seats.

I would have freaked out if a got to the airport and not had tickets. Thank you for the advice. I did check Alaska air and the site states "seats for this flight are under airport control and only available during check in or see an airport customer service rep." I am thinking by now we will be lucky to have a seat at all. I am going to try to check in exactly 24 hours before maybe that will help. I know on Southwest my BIL will check in at 12:01am to get the best seats.

Yes, each airline is different, so you're in the same boat as everyone else on the flight. If you've been ticketed, you will get seats. The early check in is very desirable in this case!

I mentioned your situation to my PCC in general terms and she said she would pass the information on to the higher ups that the problem is more general than just me. This does seem to be a new wrinkle. We did Flight Ease for our January cruise and had no problems other than having to cancel the cruise.

Yes, each airline is different, so you're in the same boat as everyone else on the flight. If you've been ticketed, you will get seats. The early check in is very desirable in this case!

I mentioned your situation to my PCC in general terms and she said she would pass the information on to the higher ups that the problem is more general than just me. This does seem to be a new wrinkle. We did Flight Ease for our January cruise and had no problems other than having to cancel the cruise.

Unfortunately, being ticketed does not mean you will get seats. If you got the "gate control" message, you won't get to book seats online or even if you call. 99% of the time, you do get a seat - that's been my experience in "gate control" situations. Part of the equation of who is going to get those remaining seats is class of service (the FWYBMSLUTE code, not just First/Economy), elite status and when you checked in. So, while it won't guarantee a seat, you will have a better chance if you do check in as soon as your 24-hour window opens. Good luck.