First impressions of TUI Discovery

the pools and are seawater and one is indoor and one outdoor, the one indoor can get busy at times depending on the weather and has a very relaxing feeling...

Thank you. Is the outside one nice too. Does the indoor one have a retractable roof ?

There is debate on this. Apparently Splendour and Legend of the Seas did have retractable solarium roofs although in my experience of Discovery it was never opened because the area is air conditioned and a pleasant respite from the scorching heat outside. The truth will lie in the presence or absence of the retracting gear and tracks on the outside of the roof. Anyone got any photos?

edit - just searched for splendour of the seas solarium roof images, there are photos of it retracted!

hi yes the outside pool is nice and has two whirl pools on each side and although there are a lot of beds it doesn't seem squashed, the only thing is if you want to relax then its not quiet as they have quizzes and musicians playing but did not bother us, as for the glasshouse the roof does look like it could be retracted as there are wheels on it but the fact they call it a glasshouse then I think it would always be closed

hi yes the outside pool is nice and has two whirl pools on each side and although there are a lot of beds it doesn't seem squashed, the only thing is if you want to relax then its not quiet as they have quizzes and musicians playing but did not bother us, as for the glasshouse the roof does look like it could be retracted as there are wheels on it but the fact they call it a glasshouse then I think it would always be closAh

Agree the glasshouse can be noisy and we found it too hot, but there are plenty of other areas to relax. We found some nice beds with cushions at the back of the ship. Sea days are very busy .but no problem otherwise even if you go off the ship in the morning as we always do.

• 3 weeks later...

we returned march 9th as well after 2 weeks good ip is a bit of a let down from its Slendour of the seas time. The MDR is fine very little waiting at all and the food was of a good standard, those on the same 2 weeks could not miss my wife and I, we always sat at table 1 as you entered the MDR were a tad upset by the alteration to the 2nd week itinerary into 2 french ports which were SHUT due to carnivals. hope they dont mess with the Legend 2 much