Summer 2018 Itineraries

Hello all!

If anyone is interested, the itineraries for S18 are listed on the cruise excursion part of the site ahead of the launch on Thursday.

http://cruiseexcursions.thomson.co.uk/Browse.aspx#itineraryOptionsContainer

If you just fill in each drop down with a ship, then all itineraries up to Oct 18 come up as listed.

these were up a few weeks ago, but taken down someone has put a pic of all the schedule on the thomson explorer facebook group, and some people have already got the new brochures

If it takes you onto the page with the Browse excursions green box on the right, click on that and then the By Itinerary tab at the top, it is easier to view them instead of having to go through each individual date.

Thanks for that (y) like the look of Venetian Vistas with no sea days in Sept.

these were up a few weeks ago, but taken down someone has put a pic of all the schedule on the thomson explorer facebook group, and some people have already got the new brochures

Grr! how did they manage that :mad:

Med itineraries mainly same old, same old. I know distance from home ports is the major factor (and being cynical berthing fees probably is too) but there ARE some good ports that could replace the over used ones many of us have visited several times.

Few new ones for us in the Adriatic and we have done many! But does that matter you can always find somewhere new to visit in ever port and we just love the cruise experience, positive thinking 😎

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Sadly no flights for us to the Adriatic:') so our choice is limited.

was told by management when on the dream in 2015 that all the new ships will do their first season in the med so always near to a port if there are any problems, so will be med for the next new ship in 2019

Should be able to check prices before you go, but you probably know that, TA has informed me that they will not have brochure's which I feel is a ploy just to get you in.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I popped into the TA this morning and walked out with a brochure cos I was a valued customer :D already worked out the itineraries and dates.

I thought it was actually more Howard, when it was our Golden wedding a couple of years ago I calculated it was also our 50 week, but two cruise later Thomson contacted us informing us that our Adriatic cruise was our 50th. Don't think we could ever do more than 3_4 weeks but never say never, remember what I said about the Caribbean!

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

So how are the prices for the forced AI Dave?

The only direct comparisons are Dream and Explorer from Palma I averaged the mid prices (not august) and for a 7 nighter Explorer is £195 more expensive, for a 14 nighter it is £213 more expensive.

Just checked the Thomson site, usual shambles of course . Click on the new Explorer ship and it directs you to the Discovery 2 pages. :rolleyes:

You can book holidays though, it appears they are offering discounts on the brochure price.

The only direct comparisons are Dream and Explorer from Palma I averaged the mid prices (not august) and for a 7 nighter Explorer is £195 more expensive, for a 14 nighter it is £213 more expensive.

Just checked the Thomson site, usual shambles of course . Click on the new Explorer ship and it directs you to the Discovery 2 pages. :rolleyes:

You can book holidays though, it appears they are offering discounts on the brochure price.

£200 for 14 nights is not too bad if you like a drink.

The closest I could find to the Greenland cruise was Fire and Ice. When I've taken everything into account tips,obc etc. Thomson works out at about £50 pppn more expensive. We would never drink anywhere near that much.

This is good news for me as I caved and booked a few weeks ago when the price dropped 10%.

Have you booked Fire and Ice?

I booked Norway's Midnight Sun

A similar cruise to Fire and Ice with P&O appears to be about £300 cheaper per person?

Of course with P&O you have the £6 per day service charge (if you pay it) plus you have to get to Southampton so Newcastle may be attractive for some. Then there is the AI with Thomson. The marketing people will have carefully calculated all this.