Does Oasis seem dated?

I'm really excited about a possible first RCCL sailing. I'm wondering if the decor and/or condition of Oasis is starting to show her age? I realize she's not an old ship by any means but I can't find much info on her dry-dock improvements so I'm under the impression that she's mostly original. Am I wrong? Does she still seem like a modern ship?

Thanks!

You have been on 3 cruises.

Why would it matter if the ship was 1 y/o or 30?

What would be the difference that bothers you?

What does the number of cruises I've been on have anything to do with anything? Most of my travel is done via airplanes. The age of the ship doesn't matter at all. I was simply asking if it seems dated in terms of decor and whether or not it shows its age. Seems like a fair question. Did I touch a nerve?

Some older ships tend to look gaudy and feel outdated. It's not really something that can be relayed through pictures so I was wondering if it feels like a modern ship or not. I didn't mean to offend.

Yes it's an outdated wreck. I would recommend you only sail on brand new ships.

You could have saved the snark and just moved on if you didn't have any value to add. But thanks...

I'm really excited about a possible first RCCL sailing. I'm wondering if the decor and/or condition of Oasis is starting to show her age? I realize she's not an old ship by any means but I can't find much info on her dry-dock improvements so I'm under the impression that she's mostly original. Am I wrong? Does she still seem like a modern ship?

Thanks!

While I find the other comments pretty amusing I'll chime in as we were on the Oasis this past April.

All I can say is. PERFECT! I've been on many cruises and the smaller ships (Radiance Class) have always been my favorite, but the Oasis was perfect.

What you tend to find on my RCCL ships is that they go through refurbs, but you can tell when an area of the ship was made for something else, but they decided to do something different with it. That is absolutely not the case on the Oasis class and the Oasis specifically for this thread. You can see there was much thought put into each and every area with the decor/amenities to match. For a ship that size I was surprised how well each and every area was done.

I would not worry at all. It's a beautiful ship/class!

We will probably be in the minority, but we did not have the greatest fun on the Oasis compared to the Allure.

Now yea it was starting to show its age and we sailed after the dry dock.

But, the crew -----well, they do not compare to the friendliness as those that work on the Allure.

It is what we observed, but hope others had better experiences.

Just saying.

Safe travels.

Stay excited. She has more to offer and is far more modern in her venues than any of the three ships you've been on - regardless of age. She is hardly old at 8 years since launch and her decor was never gaudy and certainly is not outdated.

Thanks!

guess that depends on your definition of out dated. personally, I am on a ship for fun, not to critique her looks....

Come on, that's a ridiculous insinuation. I get that you were trying to be cute, but under that pretense, I suppose you only stay at the ugliest, dingiest motels since you're there to sleep, not critique their looks, right?

I still think it's a fair question. Think about some houses that you've been in that haven't been updated in the past 10 years. I bet some, at least, would admit that they are showing their age. I realize RCCL has the reputation of being meticulous with their ships, but since it hasn't seen any sort of major retooling in eight years, I think it's worth the inquiry.

While I find the other comments pretty amusing I'll chime in as we were on the Oasis this past April.

All I can say is. PERFECT! I've been on many cruises and the smaller ships (Radiance Class) have always been my favorite, but the Oasis was perfect.

What you tend to find on my RCCL ships is that they go through refurbs, but you can tell when an area of the ship was made for something else, but they decided to do something different with it. That is absolutely not the case on the Oasis class and the Oasis specifically for this thread. You can see there was much thought put into each and every area with the decor/amenities to match. For a ship that size I was surprised how well each and every area was done.

I would not worry at all. It's a beautiful ship/class!

That's the insight I was looking for. Thanks, lv2bcruzin!

I realize RCCL has the reputation of being meticulous with their ships, but since it hasn't seen any sort of major retooling in eight years, I think it's worth the inquiry.

It did have a dry dock in 2014 during which the MDR got a make over along with some other improvements such as addition of O3B internet. Since you have no other RCCL ship to compare it to, you should be plenty WOWed regardless of her age.

Thanks!

Come on, that's a ridiculous insinuation. I get that you were trying to be cute, but under that pretense, I suppose you only stay at the ugliest, dingiest motels since you're there to sleep, not critique their looks, right?

I still think it's a fair question. Think about some houses that you've been in that haven't been updated in the past 10 years. I bet some, at least, would admit that they are showing their age. I realize RCCL has the reputation of being meticulous with their ships, but since it hasn't seen any sort of major retooling in eight years, I think it's worth the inquiry.

She was in for a major drydock in 2014 (at 5 years old). Besides required mechanical work they also updated worn interior items.

Thanks!

I realize RCCL has the reputation of being meticulous with their ships, but since it hasn't seen any sort of major retooling in eight years, I think it's worth the inquiry.

Oasis underwent her last dry dock in 2014. (All RCI ships go through a scheduled dry dock every 5 years). Along with mechanical attention, ship appointments such as carpeting, stateroom redecorating, bedding, etc., are attended to regularly at this time. Additionally there are stateroom additions and restaurant changes that can occur.

The following link describes some of the "retooling" during her 2014 dry dock.

http://www.******************.com/2014/10/14/royal-caribbean-launches-newly-refurbished-oasis-of-the-seas

Edited to add: OK so the RCI blog link is being blocked by CC. Just google it and you can reach the link on your own. I think you have some misdirected expectations in terms of what is "outdated" on a relatively young ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

She was in for a major drydock in 2014 (at 5 years old). Besides required mechanical work they also updated worn interior items.

But that was a full 2 years ago! Surely she is tired and worn out by now.;)

That's the insight I was looking for. Thanks, lv2bcruzin!

I think you will find it feels very modern and kept up very well. Oasis class ships are truly in a class by themselves IMO. You will be wowed by the various options I'm sure.