BEST Coffee on Celebrity Reflection

sailorgirl111

I really, really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the drip coffee on Reflection is vile. Espresso drinks from Cafe al Bacio are fine if that's what you're after, but regular coffee is just not a thing you should plan to have provided.

We go to the admittedly crazy extreme of bringing coffee and a french press, then have our room steward bring two carafes of tea water each morning. It works, but requires some pretty serious dedication to morning coffee. :)

The coffee in Oceanview Cafe, available in the morning, is LaVazza, which is much better than the previous Celebrity offerings.

I am also a coffee junky, and I find this to be drinkable 1st thing in the morning, and then I get a Cafe Americano at Al Baccio when they open.

Ken

The coffee in Oceanview Cafe, available in the morning, is LaVazza, which is much better than the previous Celebrity offerings.

I am also a coffee junky, and I find this to be drinkable 1st thing in the morning, and then I get a Cafe Americano at Al Baccio when they open.

Ken

Oh, hey, good news! It's been a while for me (as the sig admits) so I'll be cautiously optimistic for our March cruise (and bring the press as backup).

I guess everything is relative to what you are looking for or expect. The standard (non-coffee bar) coffee is Lavazza, which in my opinion is far from vile, and better than what I have experienced elsewhere. However, there is a coffee bar which will make whatever you like and is certainly a notch above.

I do question that the hot water provided by cabin service will ever be hot enough to make a proper pot using a French press.

Remind me to sail on your cruises!

Please pamper yourself and have a "French Kiss" for your morning coffee. It is included in the Celebrity drink packages. So, Enjoy a pampered moment while cruising. After all you deserve only the best!

Edited by BRIFRO

Ken

Do you know if the LaVazza they serve is a medium roast or dark roast?

I am going to order some to try at home before I decide if I will bring a French Press with us or not.

Thank you Ken, I will have my French press Starbucks first thing. Then wait for Al Baccio to open.

Probably not worth the bother; Starbucks is no better/no worse than the LaVazza. We are very picky with our coffee, so may bring some freshly roasted Sparrow coffee beans on our upcoming cruise and heat up spring water in our microwave to get our coffee fix.

We find the coffee to be fine, what is vile is the non dairy substitute for real half & half. It is usually provided with room service orders so we always specify half & half when we order our coffee.

Half and half can also be difficult to locate EARLY in the morning; I've had to track it down on many occasions. I cannot drink "creamer":eek:

Best coffee is probably in Tuscan for dinner or lunch....if on Ref...they make each cup individually...at least they did on Infinity

Lavazza is very iffy...depends how long it sat around before served...can go bitter

Hello I am a coffee person. I really love dark toast. I always take the little packets of Starbucks and just add hot water. They are great!!!!

I love dark toast too but I think sometimes when it is busy they want me to take it light brown.;)

I drink my coffee black and am in no way as "sensitive" as some folks. I mean it is only coffee. It's fine, not great but fine. Room service coffee seems to be the worse of the bunch. Especially when it cools a bit - yuck :) Dining room is OK as is the buffet and Aqua Spa

Since I do get up until around 7 I usually get an Americano to go from Café al Baccio. Pretty good. Best on the ship I think.

Makes no difference to me but I would never think about bringing coffee. That would be way to much hassle.

enjoy