Summer 2018

FIFE1

Thought I would start a thread with "Summer 2018". (Sailaway always good with info in advance of brochure launch.

1. What will be the set up (home ports) in 2018.

2. Where would we like to be added to routes.

Merry Christmas everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to you all too!

Looks to be like the following...

MEIN SCHIFF 1 (LISTED AS TUI DISCOVERY 3 ON VILLEFRANCHE)

Looks to be Western Med, most likely Palma on Saturday.

TUI DISCOVERY

Ex-UK Departures

TUI DISCOVERY 2

Corfu itineraries on Friday departures including Adriatic every other week

THOMSON DREAM

Palma itineraries on Tuesday departures

THOMSON CELEBRATION

Dubrovnik on Thursday departures

THOMSON SPIRIT???...

Being listed doing western Med cruises under Celeystal/Louis. Seems to be going from Palma on Sunday departures, with a very, very similar pattern to Thomson itineraries. Perhaps the rumoured Thomas Cook operation or Celeystal/Louis continuing Spirit with their own itineraries. They have lately said they are looking at growing their UK customer base.

I was going to book a P&O cruise to Greenland for 2018. If I can maybe go from Newcastle I'll hang on.

That will be the May brochure, won't it?

End of April/May yep. Quite surprised they have decided on Discovery for ex-UK as would have presumed they would have used Celebration, but maybe they cannot fill a larger ship from DBV with a more limited flight schedule.

Discovery around Norway and Iceland would be brilliant to do!

I was going to book a P&O cruise to Greenland for 2018. If I can maybe go from Newcastle I'll hang on.

That will be the May brochure, won't it?

That will be interesting, Happy. More choices from Newcastle port will be good as they appear to be reducing flights from Newcastle.

The cost of the return flight from Malaga to Newcastle on the Celebration repos cruise is huge compared to all the other airports.

End of April/May yep. Quite surprised they have decided on Discovery for ex-UK as would have presumed they would have used Celebration, but maybe they cannot fill a larger ship from DBV with a more limited flight schedule.

Discovery around Norway and Iceland would be brilliant to do!

Even though we have travelled with Thomsons for years I have realised my sea sickness is much better on the newer ships. So I wouldn't have gone on Celebration.

Hopefully Discovery will be fine. By the way how old is it?

Edited by happy v

That will be interesting, Happy. More choices from Newcastle port will be good as they appear to be reducing flights from Newcastle.

The cost of the return flight from Malaga to Newcastle on the Celebration repos cruise is huge compared to all the other airports.

Newcastle has always had huge supplements. They are supposed to ensure costs are covered if the flights are not filled. I have always found the flights sell out quicker than other airports like Gatwick and Manchester.

When we last went to the Caribbean it was £200 more each from Newcastle than Manchester.

Even though we have travelled with Thomsons for years I have realised my sea sickness is much better on the newer ships. So I wouldn't have gone on Celebration.

Hopefully Discovery will be fine. By the way how old is it?

Launched in 1995 as Splendour of the Seas. Discovery 2 was launched in 1994 as Legend of the Seas. Mein Schiff 1 was launched in 1996 as Galaxy for Celebrity Cruises. All ships seem to undergone extensive refits/rebuilds.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the Adriatic for us October 2018 then. hopefully the still have the route on offer similar to this year that includes Rhodes town.

It will interesting to see how Thomson get a good few extra passengers through Corfu airport given the capacity of Discovery 2 versus the ships that have done ex Corfu previously.

Geez imagine Corfu airport with another 300 people in transit ekkkkkk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Summer 2018 now confirmed.

http://press.thomson.co.uk/thomson-cruises-unveils-summer-2018-programme/

6 March 2017 – Thomson Cruises has today unveiled its summer 2018 programme which sees TUI Discovery based out of the UK for the first time, as well as the addition of 15 new ports of call, including Monaco, Ancona and Skiathos Town, and 12 brand new itineraries.

Award-winning ship* TUI Discovery, which joined the Thomson Cruises fleet in summer 2016, will be moving to new homeport Newcastle from May 2018 where it will visit the Norwegian fjords and a range of exciting cities including Stockholm, Sweden; Tallinn, Estonia and Reykjavik, Iceland. Passengers sailing on these Baltic cruises can also make use of their time in the region with an overnight onboard stay in St Petersburg, Russia.

In September 2018 and in a first for Thomson Cruises, TUI Discovery moves to Southampton where it will finish its summer sailing four itineraries; Fantastic Fjords, Baltic Treasures, European Experience and Seeking the Northern Lights. The new European Experience itinerary visits Germany, Belgium and France, with an overnight onboard stay in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Seeking the Northern Lights will take customers to the northernmost city in Norway to spot the spectacular natural phenomenon for the first time.

Firm favourite, Thomson Celebration, will move to Dubrovnik for summer 2018 where it will operate an adults-only programme, which includes no-sea day itinerary. Venetian Vistas now offers customers the chance to wake up in a new destination every day, spending full days in Bar, Montenegro; Korcula, Croatia; Zadar, Croatia; Venice, Italy; Trieste, Italy and Split, Croatia. Thomson Celebration will also sail two new itineraries, Sail Three Seas and Greek Mystique. Sail Three Seas will visit Valetta, Malta; Messina, Sicily; Kefalonia; Igoumenitsa, Greece and Kotor, Montenegro, while customers choosing Greek Mystique can explore Chania, Crete; Piraeus (for Athens), Greece; Kalamata, Greece; Corfu Town, Corfu and Kotor, Montenegro.

Making its debut in Corfu Town in summer 2018, TUI Discovery 2 will sail four itineraries in the Eastern Mediterranean, and Thomson Dream will be based in Palma, Majorca. Thomson Cruises’ newest ship, which is currently sailing as Mein Schiff 1 for TUI Cruises will also homeport in Palma, Majorca. Customers choosing these ships, along with Thomson Celebration, will be able to team their holiday with a beach break as part of the extensive Cruise and Stay programme, offering further chance to explore the destinations.

Managing Director of Thomson Cruises Richard Sofer said: “We’re really excited about our summer 2018 programme. We have a fantastic range of destinations on offer, with a real focus on hidden gems in the Mediterranean and a little closer to home in northern Europe.

“The move to bring TUI Discovery to both the north and the south of the UK also shows our commitment to offering choice and flexibility to our customers, giving them the opportunity to sail from a region close to home, as well as offering flights to other destinations from local airports.”

The summer 2018 programme will be on sale from 20thApril. TUI Discovery, TUI Discovery 2 and our newest ship, currently Mein Schiff 1, will offer all-inclusive packages as standard.