What's usual temperature in Cozumel in mid december and end of december? Is it too..

pinkaboo

Is it too cold to go swimming in Cozumel the end of december?

Really thinking about cruising to Belize and Cozumel in around mid-december and was just wondering what is the weather like around that time of year? Taking two young adults who want to go swimming in Cozumel but was wondering if it would be toooooo cold to comfortably swim around mid december or the end of december? They're use to very warm weather and warm waters and had some concerns about cruising in December. Any thoughts, ideas or reviews?

i found this:

Temperatures in Belize range from 50°F to 95°F with an annual mean of 79°F. November to January are traditionally the coolest months with a 75°F average and May to September are the warmest at about a 81°F average.

cozumel is about the same. i am planning on temps in the 80s and only taking shorts for the next cruise, in less then 3 weeks:D

We've been to Cozumel several times in Dec. and Belize last year in Dec. Temps are usually in the 80's, but we've seen 90+ as well as low 70's It rained for a while one year.

The ocean temp. is not bad--not really, really warm, but I'd say 76-78. I don't like cold water at all and I get used to it [retty easily. We've swam and snorkeled on each trip. The ocean at Belize is probably warmer, but we did cave tubing there and weren't in the ocean.

Of course, weather is weather--you can always get unlucky and hit a cold front, but the coolest we've seen is about 72 in the daytime one year in Cozumel.

I'm one of those people who won't get in the water unless it is warm water. I was worried about that too, but Last December 17 we left from Ft Lauderdale on the Liberty with stops in Freeport, Grand Cayman & Costa Maya. I could NOT believe it - the water was warmer than when we were there 7 months earleir - MAY - Who would have thought that!

Archived