Aida brochures in English or French

mtlcpl91

Can anyone help us out? We are interested in cruising with Aida but we are having trouble finding brochures or web info in English.

Thank-you

Hi, If you look at the thread, 6 down about Aida hotlips by matt. His review should answer a lot of your questions. Apparently the German management don't advertise outside Germany and it is very difficult to get a cruise with them. I think Matt had to go to the management and prove that he had a working knowledge of German to get his holiday. It's a shame because the ships look very nice. Good luck anyway. You could try the Aida website for a brochure.:):)

Jan

Hi, If you look at the thread, 6 down about Aida hotlips by matt. His review should answer a lot of your questions. Apparently the German management don't advertise outside Germany and it is very difficult to get a cruise with them. I think Matt had to go to the management and prove that he had a working knowledge of German to get his holiday. It's a shame because the ships look very nice. Good luck anyway. You could try the Aida website for a brochure.:):)

Jan

Thank You!

Maybe you can also try sending them an e-mail on the website:

http://www.aida.de/kreuzfahrt/kontakt/endkundenanfrage-sonstiges-neu.22351.html

I'm german and will be travelling with AIDA the 4th time in August.

If I can I will surely try to answer any questions because as far as I know there are only german brochures available.

There is some webinfo in English but only about the corporation and working on the ship http://www.aida.de/kreuzfahrt/kontakt/endkundenanfrage-sonstiges-neu.22351.html

I also found this on the website:

"Wir möchten Ihnen gern den größtmöglichen Service bieten. Dazu muss auch die Bezahlung der Reise und der Versand der Rechnungs- und Reiseunterlagen sichergestellt sein. Deshalb können wir momentan nur Onlinebuchungen für folgende Länder anbieten: Argentinien, Belgien, Brasilien, Dänemark, Deutschland, Finnland, Italien, Luxemburg, Niederlande, Norwegen, Österreich, Schweden, Schweiz und Spanien anbieten. Weitere Länder werden in Kürze folgen.

Falls diese Angaben für Sie nicht zu treffen, können Sie von Montag bis Freitag von 8 bis 22 Uhr sowie Samstag und Sonntag von 9 bis 20 Uhr gern über das AIDA Service Center Ihre Kreuzfahrt buchen: +49 (0) 381 / 20 27 07 22 "

In short it says that online-booking is only available for Argentina, Belgium, Brasil, Denmark, Finnland, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Spain due to security reasons for payment and shipment of travel documents. Bur more countries are about to follow...

And if you are not living in one of the mentioned countries you can phone them on +49 (0) 381 / 20 27 07 22 (thats their hotline)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just back from my 11th cruise with Aida.

Aida Cruise's ships are dedicated to the german speaking market. So there are no brochures etc. in other languages available.

Be aware that the ship's language is even german only. Only exeption is the announcement during safety drill, which is been announced in english language as well. All other public communication (announcements, signage, daily programme, entertainment, shore excursions etc.) is very, very mostly in german language only. Keep in mind that even the food is according the 'german taste' and all descriptions at the buffets (as well as the menues in the upscaled restaurants) are made in german language as well.

Although all the crew and many passengers are able to communicate in english language well, many passengers do not expect to communicate in other languages than german during the cruise. (There is no problem to communicate with crew in english language.)

So, it would be better for you to have some basic knowledge of the german language while cruising Aida. The 'Club Ship' concept of Aida Cruises lives even by communication, and if you are not able to follow the communication at least in general, you will miss a lot of the fun on board.

If you can't get along with their brochures and/or website in german language and are not able to read and understand a german restaurant menue, I would not suggest to book.

If you still want to book, I suggest to look for a (good, cruise-specialized) german travel agency to place your booking. By doing it that way, you will have a 'partner' in the cruise line's country who takes care that every neccessary information between the time of booking and departure regarding your cruise will be forwarded to you, in the awareness that your language is different.

Diddn

Hi Just had a curious look on this site - but did click the link provided by Lythalla -and bingo - if you press the translate button on your google bar - it comes up in English. Looks wonderful - you lucky people that can book and travel on this line - looks excellent - happy cruising.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just back from my 11th cruise with Aida.

Aida Cruise's ships are dedicated to the german speaking market. So there are no brochures etc. in other languages available.

Be aware that the ship's language is even german only. Only exeption is the announcement during safety drill, which is been announced in english language as well. All other public communication (announcements, signage, daily programme, entertainment, shore excursions etc.) is very, very mostly in german language only. Keep in mind that even the food is according the 'german taste' and all descriptions at the buffets (as well as the menues in the upscaled restaurants) are made in german language as well.

Although all the crew and many passengers are able to communicate in english language well, many passengers do not expect to communicate in other languages than german during the cruise. (There is no problem to communicate with crew in english language.)

So, it would be better for you to have some basic knowledge of the german language while cruising Aida. The 'Club Ship' concept of Aida Cruises lives even by communication, and if you are not able to follow the communication at least in general, you will miss a lot of the fun on board.

If you can't get along with their brochures and/or website in german language and are not able to read and understand a german restaurant menue, I would not suggest to book.

If you still want to book, I suggest to look for a (good, cruise-specialized) german travel agency to place your booking. By doing it that way, you will have a 'partner' in the cruise line's country who takes care that every neccessary information between the time of booking and departure regarding your cruise will be forwarded to you, in the awareness that your language is different.

Diddn

Really nice to read that you like AIDA that much;)

You're totally right that AIDA is for the german market and everything is in german... only exceptions are the cruises in South America where English is a language on board,too - at least it is said so in the catalogue but I dont know if it means that brochures and stuff is available also in English ...

In fact I would like to see more international guests on my cruise because for us younger Germans (I'm 30 and my husband 35) it's no problem to talk in English and it would make everything more interesting and multicultural (but of course we can also change to another cruise company if we like...maybe...some day...)...:)

Looks like you are a frequent traveller, Diddn, so did you hear about the new program for frequent cruisers?

http://www.aida.de/club

It will start in March and maybe you should keep an eye on it for further cruises... Watch out if you get log-in data. Everyone who spend more then 10 days on an AIDA ship in the last 5 years should get access and log-in data via mail.

also the new catalogue will be available very soon... http://www.aida.de/nc/b2b-corporate-site/presse/pressemeldung.19052/article/von-venedig-bis-spitzbergen-aida-cruises-erweitert-angebot-mit-neuem-katalog-fuer-20122013.html

There will be cruises from Venice and also new cruises in Northern Europe...

You're totally right that AIDA is for the german market and everything is in german... only exceptions are the cruises in South America where English is a language on board,too - at least it is said so in the catalogue but I dont know if it means that brochures and stuff is available also in English ...

Hi Lythalia,

your catalogue must be one of the first edition 2010/2011. Meanwhile, Aida Cruises changed the south american itineries multiple times, as well as the length of these cruises and even the multilingual concept.

I returned from the Aida Cara Cape Hoorn Cruise (January 2011), and the only bilingual thing on board during two weeks was the announcement during muster drill. Everything else was provided in german language only.

You will find my cruise review (sorry: written in german language only, according to the cruise) at two cruise related german websites. Actually, no additional cruise by Aida is booked or planned yet - and I doubt, that their new catalogue will change my mind after my last experience with a new itinery. Imho Aida is good for their 'bread and butter' cruises - everything going beyond will be done much better by other cruise lines.

Diddn

• 3 months later...

What is the age range on Aida ships? I'm retired (mid-60s). Can you smoke in the cabins? I lived in Germany almost 6 years and do speak basic German, but can't write it (I can read Fraktur; my father taught me.)

Danke.

• 3 months later...
What is the age range on Aida ships? I'm retired (mid-60s). Can you smoke in the cabins? I lived in Germany almost 6 years and do speak basic German, but can't write it (I can read Fraktur; my father taught me.)

Danke.

Hi Max,

age range varies by itinerary, time of school holidays (or not), length of cruise as at any other cruise line. In general, there is no limit. Average is mostly in the 40s and 50s, but you will surely not be alone in mid-60s (and even higher age). Aida Cruises attracts younger folks (up to 24) with a 25-percent-discount (but no senior discount), so at most cruises there is a wide mix of all ages onboard.

Smoking is not allowed in the cabins, but on the balconies. There are some smoking zones outside, and smoking is even permitted in the Anytime Bar (which will host the disco at evenings).

Archived