Viking Sun Rhine Getaway review August 2014

mimmy52

It makes me happy to know that people are still reading my review. Thanks for letting me know it helped you.

We're doing Rhine/Moselle on another line next month, and I also enjoyed all your pictures and the details! I liked seeing pictures of your ship/cabin, too. And of course the food :D

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mimmy, let me add my thanks to all the others. Hope you're still following. Your review, both narrative and photos, was wonderful. Five of us will be celebrating my mom's 88th birthday this June, Amsterdam to Basel, and your review has been a great help with preparations.

Mimmy52, I really appreciate all the time and effort it took for you to post this excellent review. I can't even remember how I happened upon it (probably a link from another poster), but I am SO GLAD that I found it!!

I have loved all the pictures, and the down to earth practical commentary. I have learned so much that will help in planning our April Basel to Amsterdam cruise on the Viking Hlin, as well as our pre-cruise in Switzerland which will include Lucerne.

We are really looking forward to this cruise!

• 1 year later...

Mimmy52 just read your report. we are taking this cruise next month Thanks for posting. Question- I read somewhere that the walking is about 5 miles a day on this tour- do you agree? wow! thanks so much again for the trip report

Marycece

• 7 months later...

Not sure if you are still reading or following Mimmy52, but I loved your review. My parents were planning a river cruise for their 50th anniversary in 2019 and earlier this week decided to make it a family affair and invite my sister and I along! I never thought I'd actually get to go on a river cruise due to the expense, but now am able to look forward to planning one. Still in the very early stages of planning, but due to research my Mom already did it is highly likely we will be doing the Rhine River through Viking so your review is of immense help! Loved the commentary and pictures, especially the daily programs. Although it has been over three years since your cruise, it helps a lot to get a general idea of what a day looks like as I have only done ocean cruises; mostly in the Caribbean. I am getting so psyched after reading your review. Thank you again!

• 10 months later...

I too have loved your review and hope that you are still following.  We are booked Amsterdam to Basel next October 2019.  Not with Viking, but another line.
Just hoping we don't have the problems with low water that has happened this year.
Your review, and photos, were fantastic.
Thanks

Glad that my review is still helpful. djh1959, here's hoping you have neither low water nor high water for your trip.  As for why the review is still getting replies, my guess would be it's for the same reason I read older trip reports before I went on my two river cruises.  There aren't a lot that have details and a lot of photos.  Those were always my favorite.

Mimmy52 you are exactly right.  I was reading another post of yours and I saw your reviews in your signature.  I have also found another couple of older ones.  Even though it is in the past, the photos and things are rarely very different.

Thanks again.

• Like 1