Do it on your own in Bora Bora???

envy4u

Crown Princess Oct 2016. Like hiking, beaches and snorkelling

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Matira beach - $5 pp shuttle from the pier or take a cab. Forget hiking. You are in a water paradise. Anyone on your cruise book with Patrick? There are couple of great tour companies here that you can book on Your own. At the dock there are tour operators also.

I found a guy named Damien - Bora Bora photo lagoon - amazing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why not rent a bike and ride around the island! The bike rental is across the street from where you tender and is relatively inexpensive. We encountered only one hill that I chose to walk up due to loose gravel.

We tried to do the same in Moorea but encountered too much traffic to feel safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Patrick's 3/4 day lagoon tour....It includes snorkeling, swimming with the black fin sharks, stingrays and a traditional Polynesian meal. It was the highlight of our trip.

I've heard Patrick mentioned for Papeete too, I assume it's the same Patrick? Does he island hop to where the ships are?

I've heard Patrick mentioned for Papeete too, I assume it's the same Patrick? Does he island hop to where the ships are?

These are two different Patrick's.

The Patrick in Bora Bora is actually Maohi Nui Tours, owned by "Patrick" who also conducts some of the tours. It is a water based tour, highly rated, and you will often see if referenced as "Patrick's Tour".

In Pape'ete, the tour is Patrick's Adventures and is apparently a 4x4 tour into the interior. I have been trying to get information on this tour and from what I am reading, it seems to be a difficult task. I have had no success in accessing a website, which is supposedly under "Patrick's Aventures", yes no "d". I have seen several email addresses listed, depending on where you see the info, but haven't tried yet. I have seen a few people say they have received no responses and others confirm that he is very slow to respond. Good luck, and if you find out some accurate info, please post it here.

These are two different Patrick's.

The Patrick in Bora Bora is actually Maohi Nui Tours, owned by "Patrick" who also conducts some of the tours. It is a water based tour, highly rated, and you will often see if referenced as "Patrick's Tour".

In Pape'ete, the tour is Patrick's Adventures and is apparently a 4x4 tour into the interior. I have been trying to get information on this tour and from what I am reading, it seems to be a difficult task. I have had no success in accessing a website, which is supposedly under "Patrick's Aventures", yes no "d". I have seen several email addresses listed, depending on where you see the info, but haven't tried yet. I have seen a few people say they have received no responses and others confirm that he is very slow to respond. Good luck, and if you find out some accurate info, please post it here.

I have used Patrick in Papeete and friends did 2 years ago. Latest email I have for hm is:

patrickaventure@mail.pf

We all had a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

Patrick confirmed our tour with him when we made the reservation about a month in advance. I sent him an email a day or two before the tour to reconfim, and he responded that he had lost our reservation and contact information and booked others as a result and wouldn't accommodate us. Very bad way of doing business, although it was about par for the course with several tour operators we hired (or tried to) in FP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

2 of the better day use resorts on Bora Bora would be:

Thalasso Resort

Le Moana

The Sofitel is close to the main road thus the possibility of traffic noise and I've always found the water around the main island part of the Sofitel a bit murky or lets just say not near the visibility you would find at the 2 resorts I mention. The Hilton has good snorkeling around the 300 room numbers but your view is toward the reef, not the majestic Mount Otemanu.

A few examples ... top picture is the Thalasso, bottom is the Le Moana.

i-GKDnxmq-XL.jpg

i-ThsdgdZ-XL.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What is the cost please?

For tour descriptions see Patrick's website and tour company at Maohi Nui dot net. The 3/4 day and full day tours both include the motu lunch. The full day is the same tour, but you just have more time to spend in each activity. I don't recall the pricing on the 3/4 day tour, but we have the full day booked and it is @ $150 USD pp.

To book or send an inquiry, email to Patrick.bora@mail.pf

There are several companies who do lagoon tours in Bora BoraThe big 3 would be ....

http://www.maohinui.net/Patrick – Best when skippered by Patrick himself. Connected with cruise lines now so it is harder to book direct and save. 12 passenger outriggers that are covered. A bit more touristy than others but still very good. Beach BBQ.

http://boraborasafarilagoon.com/BoraBora_Lagoon_Eng.html - Rannui Tours -Small Polynesian family ran outfit. Very personable, will hold your hand, offthe beaten trek snorkel locations, 14 passenger covered boat. Best BBQ setting on Motu Tuba. This was the motu used by the Amazing Race a few years back for the leg finish line while on Bora Bora. Great tour at a fair price. Give time for mother to return your inquiry.

http://www.puresnorkeling.com/ - Very personal,will hold your hand. Fast sleek covered boats, good snorkel locations, no BBQ.